Lupus # 8 - Lyle Cree [5]

Name: Lyle Cree

Age: 19

Sex: Male

Clan: Werewolf

Tribe: Havasupai

Appearance: Lyle stands at six feet tall, with nut-brown skin and dark brown eyes. His silver hair, precisely the same shade as his fur in wolf-form, is arranged into dreadlocks about a foot and a half long. These colors make for a striking contrast, as the dreadlocks, when not tied back, will hang down in front of his face like icicles in front of a cave. His face, though not quite handsome in the traditional sense, is appealing in a long, elfin sort of way, with fine cheekbones, a pointed chin, and eyes with long lashes. Although he likes to pretend his muscles are long and lean, the truth of the matter is he never bothers to exercise, so his musculature is rather weak and unimpressive. The only time he has even some strength is when he shifts into his wolf body.

Personality: All his life, Lyle has attempted to live his own way in a tribe that places great value on traditionalism. For the most part, he is very mellow and forgiving- at least until someone tries to tell him what to do or how to live. Then, the gentle, calm persona fades like snow on a hot plate, to be replaced by irritation, frustration and cutting sarcasm. He is unimpressed with the political structure of vampires and werewolves alike. As such, he often finds himself clashing with his family, who feel he ought to be bringing glory to the family name as the oldest child. Although at this point, they would settle for him smoking less weed.

Family Tree: The Cree family are one of the most distinguished families in the tribe, able (and perfectly willing) to trace their lineage back to, founder of the Havasupai tribe itself.  No fewer than ten Cree have been led the tribe, a fact of which they are quite proud. Currently, the family consists of ten people: one matriarch, Lyle’s grandmother, along with her three sons and their wives. The oldest of these sons is Lyle’s father, Arkan. Lyle has one little brother, Keegan, as well as a still younger girl cousin, Angela.

Strengths: 

Lyle, due to his interest in... plants and mushrooms, shall we say, has a knowledge of botany unrivaled in his clan, nearing Abenaki-level talent. He mainly uses this skill to identify and use those plants with hallucinogenic toxins, but the underlying knowledge can still give him an edge in the competition. 

Although long since forswearing hunting, Lyle still keeps his hunter’s instincts, drilled into him by his parents at a young age. If you show him a broken leaf and a print, odds are he can tell you what came through, when it did so, if it was injured... the works.

Through the spiritual meditation and ritual for which his clan is famous, Lyle has developed a sense for danger. It is unclear whether the skill has its origins in scent, body language, or psychic ability, but he can immediately tell when someone intends to harm him, whether or not he is near them. As a result, Lyle is excellent at avoiding danger.

History: Lyle and his father have always had different ideas of what it meant to live honorably. Arkan Cree was unimpressed when his son declared himself a vegetarian and refused to hunt. He was even less impressed to discover Lyle’s garden of marijuana in the woods. However, the final straw came when he caught Lyle with a girl from the Abenaki clan. Swearing that his son would bring glory to the family name or die trying, he named Lyle to Squad Lupus. Lyle was unhappy with the result, but as desertion would have meant certain death, he joined the competition.