Historical Scriptures: Werewolves

Species: Werewolf/Lycanthrope

Founder: Matchitehew and Keme

History of the Tribes: Unlike the Vampires, the history of the werewolves is a little less set in stone. Certainly around the time when American natives and tribes ruled "The New World" many tribes were said to of take the form of a spirit animal. That spirit animal, more specifically, being a wolf. It is said that many tribes were cursed with this when they damaged or tainted the lands and upset forest spirits and guardians. However, the most accepted theory is of Matchitehew and Keme. 

These brothers for unknown reasons were exiled from their tribe. They spent their following days living and surviving in the forest. It came one day that whilst hunting, they passed upon an injured wolf. Using the deer they had caught - the only food they had managed to hunt, they offered strength to the injured animal.

Legend has it however, that the animal was a forest spirit. The spirit was supposedly eternally faithful and granted the two brothers the only thing it could give them - the powers of a shapeshifter. It is said that through the weakness of the wolf and the struggling lives that the two of them lead on to live the power soon became an uncontrollable curse.

While it is most likely untrue, the Lycanthrope kind look on this story with admiration and the two brothers within it as though gods.

----------------------------------------------------------

Government

Each tribe in the Werewolf clan has its own leader and traditions/rules to follow by. They are less developed in the way that vampires are in terms of politics, but this is simply because they follow a more simpler, laid back hierarchy system of Survival Of The Fittest.

You, and your family are respected and held in high regard if you frequently win battles.

----------------------------------------------------------

The Tribes

Each tribe is set with its own unique style, disciplines and history. In the Werewolf culture, marriage and procreating is a little stranger. Each Werewolf has a scent or a tag upon someone, this tag and scent is a love bond. Werewolves cannot choose who they tag. Usually it is that of another Werewolf but on rare occasions it has been that of other humans. Tribe crossing within a marriage is settled through a fight for dominance. The two lovers must fight until one is victorious. The losing wolf must join the Tribe of the victor and any children under them will also be born into that Tribe.

Tse'khene

Founder: E'asend Ender

Origin: Northern Canada

Saying: A thousand battles, a thousand victories.

The Tse'khenian Werewolves solely believe that the Werewolf curse is but a gift, and they must use it in all its advantages. A violent tribe, they are also one of the eldest surviving packs in Werewolf history. Their clan was the first clan to be enslaved by the Vampires under the order of Sestius of Venice. The Tse'khenian tribe uses this history to fuel their anger and agression toward the Vampires. 

Havasupai

Founder: Orlan North

Origin: Alaska

Saying: There is no death, only a change of worlds.

Spiritually motivated, those with the Havasupai blood are usually compared more to Vampires than other Werewolf tribes. However this does not mean they hate the rival race any less! The Havasupain Werewolves are a little more at one with the spirits of their animals. They believe that their wolf form is an entirely different being to their actual selves. With a constant thirst for knowledge of the natural world, those in this clan partake in rituals, ceremonies and readings to offer thanks to their ancestors and Gods. Those from this tribe have naturally, over years, developed snow-white fur.

Abenaki

Founder: Rilo the Shadowed One

Origin: Arizona

Saying: There is nothing as eloquent as a rattlesnakes tail.

The Abenaki are mysterious masters of shadow, deceit and poison. For centuries those within this tribe have been master spies and assassins. Their trademark thick and jet-black fur resembles this. They are taught to be agile and silent attackers from very early ages. It isn't until recently, in fact, that past tribe members have experimented with cell-breeding. From this, those with the Abenaki blood have developed fur that is poisonous to non-werewolf kind.

Nia'dre

Founder: Niata Gore

Origin: Ohio

Saying: Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a lover, and falls only for a warrior.

The Nia'dre are called the "Glorified" tribe by other packs. Although the tribe hosts the best warriors out of all the Werewolf clan, they are also known to fall weakness to things such as drink, lust and self-reward. Out of combat, those in this clan are often socially undisciplined, politically incompetent and daredevils to the dangerous extreme. This has caused them to be careless in the past and so while the tribe is reasonably small compared to others, its survivors are the strongest of the strong.

----------------------------------------------------------