CHAPTER 5

P A Y T O N

Man we hadn't even been here a hour and my mom was tripping

Man we hadn't even been here a hour and my mom was tripping. She was wilding on me for no reason. Me and Pierre woke up early this morning and he drove half the rest of the way here. After he got tired I drove. My mom had called us but my phone was dead. Pierre didn't answer the phone because he didn't wanna hear her bullshit. I guess she thought we went back to Harlem.

"Hello" I said as my phone rung. It was Pierre.

"You good?" He asked me  and I nodded like he was in the car with me.

"Forever good bro. Wasup" I asked. I was sitting in the park up the street from our new house.

"Moms said we doing a dinner with the neighbors so come on so we can roll up before we eat" he said and I smacked my teeth.

"You go head I'm good. I'll be there in a minute tho" I told him and he smacked his teeth.

"Sis you can't let what she said piss you off. Fuck her" he said and I shook my head.

"I'll be there" I said hanging up. I just was completely over everything right now.

I really didn't even wanna be here nomore. Thank god school was out but I still didn't like the fact she disrespected me. Like that's what I hate most. Disrespect. And she knows that. I pulled up in the driveway and got out. I hadn't even looked at the house yet.

"I'm going down cause you ai- who is yall?" I stopped singing once I opened the door to see three niggas sitting on the couch.

"They here for the dinner." Pierre said and this one boy licked his lips and kept his eye on me.

"Ok well I'm not eating. I'm going to unpack" I told pierre as I headed upstairs. As I turned the corner I start looking for my room. Once I found it I started unpacking.

*1 hour later*

I had finished unpacking my room and now I was putting my shoes up. I changed my pants because I had got hot so I put on some shorts. I had put my hair in a lil messy bun and I had my headphones in.

"PAYTON" I heard somebody yell and I took my headphones out and turned to see Pierre.

"What Pierre" I said sitting my shoes down.

"Ma said come eat" he said and I smacked my teeth.

"I'm not eating" I told him aggravated.

"Girl bring yo ass on" he said closing my door.

"Fine then" I said standing up from the floor. I walked over to my dresser and grabbed a pair of my PINK joggers and slid them on.  I walked downstairs leaving my phone on the bed.

"Payton where you been?" My mom asked as I sat down at the table. I was sitting beside this fine ass boy.

"I've been upstairs unpacking my room" I told her seating back in my seat.

"I'm talking about earlier" she said and I rolled my eyes.

"Too the park up the street" I told her and she rolled her eyes.

"I want the keys to that car. You on punishment" she said and I stood up walking over to the bowl that held our keys.

"Here. Now will you leave me the hell alone" I said walking out the kitchen.

"P how you gone get to places?" Pierre asked from the table.

"The two things I'm walking outta this kitchen with" I told him walking upstairs.

Once I reached my room I took my joggers back off and got in bed. I was beyond blowed at this point. I didn't even feel like unpacking my stuff. My mom was just wilding on me today and I'm trying my best to be respectful to her.

*August P.O.V.*

Once Payton stormed off upstairs her mom introduced herself again. She introduced Pierre and Paris. Pierre had got mad and walked out. Shit I would be mad to. Shorty sat at the table then her moms started wilding on her again. It kinda made me mad but I didn't say nun because it isn't my business.

"August can I talk to you for a minute" my mom said excusing us from the table.

"Ma'am" I said once we reached the kitchen.

"What's the girl name upstairs?" My mom asked and I shrugged.

"Payton I think" I said leaning on the counter.

"Well I want you and Payton to become friends because as you can see her ma hates her" she said and I shook my head no.

"Ma you already know ion do friends." I told her and she smacked her teeth.

"Boy I don't give a damn what you do. I want you to communicate with her and stuff. Take her out or something cause her ma ain't giving her a damn break" my mom said and I sigh.

"iight ma I'll do it" I told her and she kissed my cheek.

"Thanks munchy" She said my nickname.

"Don't start ma" I said wiping her kiss off my cheek.

"Ok well we're leaving" my mom said as we walked back in the kitchen.

"Ok well it was nice to meet you guys" Tasha stood up and so did Travis and Mel.

"You too" my mom said hugging her.

"PIERRE PAYTON" her mom yelled and I scrunched my face up.

"What" Pierre said as he walked half way downstairs.

"Say your goodbyes to the guest" Tasha said and Pierre smacked his teeth.

"Bye" he said with a attitude and Payton walked to the top of the stairs in shorts. Shorty had some thick ass thighs with a waist.

"What damn" she said putting her hands in her shorts pocket.

"Girl you got one mo- say goodbye to the guest" Tasha pointed at us.

"Really ma?" She said and I couldn't keep my eyes off her.

"Just say bye damn" her mom said and Payton waved and walked back in her room. We heard the door slam and Pierre just stared at his mom.

"Ma no disrespect but you gone have to stop talking to my sister like that." Pierre said walking upstairs. His door slam and we left.

"Damn they got a lot of family drama" Mel said as we walked to our crib.

"No it's their mom. She shows favoritism a lot" my mom said and I nodded my head in agreement.

"Right but that girl Payton fine. How old is she?" Mel asked and my mom smacked him upside the head as we got to the door.

"She's 17. Out of your ledge" my mom said as she opened the door.

"Well I mean I'll catch that charge" he said shrugging. I shook my head as I went to room.

"What a day" I said as I laid in my bed.