Thirty-Seven - Octavia

I woke up alone in bed. Wait, in bed? I don't even remember going to sleep last night. I opened my eyes to see I was facing a white wall, which was not the same as my grey ones back home. I didn't want to panic so I rolled over, realising the room I was actually in. It was Colby's. He wasn't in the bed with me, which I expected. Where did he sleep last night? The events flooded my head suddenly and the pain returned to my stomach. I suddenly realised that Colby was actually in the room, sitting at his desk. He hadn't noticed me yet.

I slowly began to sit up, momentarily forgetting about Colby. "Woah, Woah, Woah, take it easy!" Colby rushed to my side. He placed a comforting hand on my back.

"I'm fine," I argued. No way was I going to be vulnerable in any sense today, no way. 

"Do you know what happened yesterday?" he questioned, bewildered.

"Yes, it's happened before now let me move in my own..." I paused, looking into his eyes and changing my tone, "please?" his jaw clenched.

"I'm staying nearby," he said. I rolled my eyes then leaned against the headboard. "How are you?" he asked. 

"I'm fine," I tried not to snap. It came a little sharp, though. "Where did you sleep last night?" I asked. He blushed a tiny bit and looked at the bed I was sitting in. "Oh? Here? I thought you wouldn't've wanted to sleep next to me,"

He looked at me as though I were crazy, "what? It's a comfort, don't you know? Plus, you're really warm," he said with a smile. The blush grew on his cheeks and butterflies flew in my stomach. 

"Thank you," he nodded. "What should I do today?" I asked myself.

"Take it easy," Colby mumbled. I glared at him. He smiled sheepishly at me, forcing me to smile back.

"Maybe, pretty boy," I dismissed. I thought for a moment. "Are the others awake?" Colby nodded. "DEVYN!"

A few seconds later a makeup-less Devyn in shorts and what looked to be an old shirt walked into the room. "I thought you were in trouble!" she exclaimed. I laughed.

"No, I need a favour," she nodded, sitting on Colby's couch. "Do you think you could go with Colby to my house and get me some clothes and my essentials. I trust you more to pick something good and you've seen my daily makeup," I explained.

"Yes, of course. Let me put on a little bit of makeup and get changed, I won't be long," Devyn said. She walked out of the door.

"And I don't get a say?" Colby questioned. I looked at his face.

"Nope," I replied. He chuckled. If I could get him out of the house maybe I'd be 'allowed' to do more without being told to 'take it easy'. About twenty minutes later, Devyn walked into the room again.

"Ready, Colby?" she asked, phone in hand. She looked beautiful without makeup but with makeup, she was like a different person. He hair was also done and she wore a cute outfit - shorts and a cute off-shoulder crop-top.

"Yeah," Colby, on the other hand, wore a black hoodie with at least three holes in and some black skinny jeans that had some buckles here and there. His hair was how it was in the videos and normally; emo. 

**********

They'd left a few minutes ago so I took the opportunity to leave the room for the first time this morning. I could hear the guys downstairs but I needed to check my reflection first. I walked into the bathroom, which was quite tidy considering two guys use it. I didn't look like as much of a mess as I'd expected. I quickly tidied my hair as much as possible and straightened out my clothes. 

The moment my feet hit the floor, I saw Sam and Corey in the game room. They both made eye contact with me but I walked as fast as I could, which wasn't very, to the kitchen. I made myself some food and attempted to get on the island, as expected, I didn't make it. "Want help?" Corey asked. I looked for the face connected to the voice. There they were, looking at me.

"No," I denied and tried again. I didn't do it. Two hands gave me assistance on the third try. I looked at who they connected to; Sam. "Thanks," I mumbled. I ate my food while the guys sat nearby to talk with me. I didn't like being so weak I couldn't even jump on an island. 

**********

When the front door opened and closed, I looked at Corey instinctively to say 'I'm in trouble'. Devyn walked past the kitchen with clothes in her left hand and a small bag in her right. She didn't notice me as she rushed up the stairs. Colby, however, did. He walked towards the kitchen looking at his phone. When he looked up, he saw me sitting on the counter. He stared for a second. "I told you to take it easy," Colby whined.

"And I didn't listen," I shrugged. Colby didn't move for two more seconds. He sighed. 

"Just go and meet Devyn upstairs," I frowned. Why was he telling me what to do? I'll have my dagger on him... that was a joke, I would never. I rolled my eyes, going to jump down. Before I could, though, someone's hands were on both sides of my waist as they propped me on the floor. I saw the rings on Colby's fingers. I looked up at his face, making eye contact with him for a few seconds. One of the guys cleared their throat. My head snapped in the direction. We both cleared our throats before I walked away as best I could. 

Devyn picked out some good clothes

Devyn picked out some good clothes. Obviously, I'd already thanked her. I was on my way to leave the room when there was a knock. "Come in!" I called. Colby appeared in the doorway. "Hey," I smiled.

"Hey, how you feeling?" he asked. I gave him a warning look. 

"Good but, I don't want you asking every five minutes," he lifted his arms in surrender. 

"Sorry," he mumbled. 

"It's OK" I smiled widely at him, to which he smiled back.