Eighty-Four - Colby

For whatever reason, I wasn't allowed to go to the trial. I was nervous, very nervous, of the outcome. Callum said he'd tell me as much as he could as soon as he could but it wasn't enough to calm my already roaring anxiety. 

Since Emily went to the trial, too, I was left with Brandon and Gracie to babysit. Sam and Kat decided to 'help' me. More like to make sure I'm ok. I could tell Gracie was being affected by all of this, too, because she wasn't as hyper and I could tell that Brandon was trying to lift her spirits, with no luck so far.

Callum's name lit up my phone at about two pm. I answered with sweaty palms and deep breaths. "Hey, bro." Callum's voice wasn't helping my twisting stomach.

"Hey. So, um, what's the punishment? Or don't you know yet?" I asked, messing with my hair.

"Well, it's looking pretty good right now. We're having a ten-minute break right now. There's plenty of the witnesses who are saying that he was grabbing them and shit and that it was self-defense so that's helping the girls out. At the moment... I don't THINK they'll have a sentence." I let out a sigh of relief even though that wasn't confirmed yet. Any hope is hope.

"Thank god, I guess?"

"Yeah, I know."

"What, other than a sentence, is the worst that can happen?" I questioned with a small voice crack towards the end.

"I think it's just a really high fine but I don't think that'd be an issue considering the entire gang is willing to break her out of jail if it comes to it."

"A weight's been lifted." I admitted. Sam looked at me as he noticed my mood change. "Make sure to let me know as soon as you know what's going to happen."

"Of course, bro."