One Hundred and Thirty-Seven

It's been a while so please forgive if any details are incorrect.

Gunshot after gunshot after gunshot. The members of the gang had been picked off one by one, but not all dead. She only hurt the ones who'd hurt her or her family. It didn't make her good but it made her better than them, which was all that mattered. As long as they paid by her hand. She'd never get caught, she'd never have to do anything like it again. After everything, she would finally be able to just settle down with her family and live a normal life.

Just a few more people. That's all she had to kill, a few more people. Well, two more. And they lived together. He was a horrid guy and his friend was no better. Despite being taken away - and rightfully so - he had came back, angrier than ever before for what, or where, Heaven had sent him.

She had heard rumours about him from the gang, and since they were mostly to completely gone, she allowed herself to shift her focus one last time and end more of her problems.

She tightened her pony tail even harder than ever before as she stormed up the path to the house she'd dreaded for quite a while. It was the first time she'd been truly nervous since she left her home.

Knocking? What does that mean? Heaven kicked the front door so hard that when it slammed against the wall, it made a hole and part of the wood broke off. There were loud bangs upstairs and they were coming right for her. Gun in hand, she calmly stepped into the hallway to greet the horrid man.

And when she saw him, an unexplainable rage came about her. He slowed completely, taking it one step at a time down the steps. "What are you doing here?" He asked. For the first time since Heaven had ever known him, he was scared, almost. It threw her off for a moment.

"You've hurt my family." She returned with all of the confidence she had. "And I've just about had enough of people like you." Just before she could raise her gun, she was completely frozen, as if someone had stopped time.

A baby's cry echoed down the hallway and throughout the entire house and a door opened and closed somewhere upstairs. Heaven felt like she'd been punched. What?

"I found out that she was pregnant too." The man said. "Guess I can't pull out well enough." He had changed completely, from the nervous chuckle and the joke and the scratching of the back of his neck. Heaven couldn't hurt him anymore, he had a family that he obviously cared for. "H-how is Gracie? Does she still hate me, or? Well, I mean, I know she hates me." He stopped speaking, staring down at the ground in embarrassment.

"How old is your baby?" Heaven asked shakily. Her mission to end him was no more. She wasn't a monster like he was, she wasn't going to kill a man with people who need him.

"She's about five months, actually." He said with a smile on his face. A smile that only a parent could have for their children. "How old is yours?"

"She's... she's nearly nine months." The woman managed out, with much difficulty. His face lit up and he took a final step onto the same level as she was.

"Ah, mine's a girl too. Cuter when they're girls, aren't-"

"Jay, what- Octavia!" Juliette stood on the top of the steps holding a baby tight in her arms as she gently rocked it back and forth. The crying had ceased but the baby was awake still.

"It's okay, Jules, it's okay." Jay calmed her down with his gentle expression and Heaven couldn't believe a thing that she was seeing. "Actually, Octavia, I would like you to officially meet Juliette, my fiancé, and my baby," he jogged to take the baby from the woman's arms. "This is Lisa."

"She's beautiful." Heaven mumbled in astonishment. She had no intention of staying, certainly not for her original mission. "I am sorry for the door." She ran out faster than she'd ever ran in her entire life. She BOLTED to her car and slammed the door so hard the whole vehicle shook with it.

Although the mission hadn't been completed, it had been cancelled. And that meant only one thing. She could go home. She had no reason to be away from her family. Heaven could become her past self again.

The sense of relief that flowed throughout her body was too much for her to handle without letting out a long squeal of excitement mixed with the growl of the car engine and the screeching of the tires against the concrete.

Her family were waiting.