Fifty - Colby

The last three days or so had been quite calm and collected. Just looking around Kansas and Gage making fun of us for falling asleep or 'being cute' around him. Octavia had been out in town with Mom today so I'd been stuck with Dad, who didn't do much, and Gage, who did too much. She walked through the door, followed Mom into the kitchen, then walked over to me. I pecked her lips. "Hi," I said.

"Hey," she replied.

"Guyssss, will you please, please stop?" Gage whined.

"We literally just kissed for half a second!" I stated.

"You still kissed!" Gage shot back at me.

"Gage, as long as it's nothing sexual, they can do whatever they like," Mom said when she appeared in the kitchen doorway.

"Thanks, Mom," I said, grabbing Octavia's hand. I pulled Octavia up to my room. We laid down on my bed since we're lazy - but we didn't get under the covers.

"It's new years eve eve tonight," Octavia said.

"I know," I pulled her on top of me, making her hold back a giggle. She rested her head on her hands, which laid on my chest. Her legs were straight, going between mine. I trapped her where she was by wrapping my arms around her waist. She smiled.

"You're really touchy," she said but still smiled.

"I know," she stared at my face for a few seconds then leaned in a little closer, not quite close enough for a kiss, though.

"I love you,"

"I kno... wait, what?" I asked, mouth open. She smiled. 

"I love you," she repeated. I smiled back at her. 

"Love you, too," I said. She leaned in the last amount, which I obviously allowed and responded appropriately to. I wish my door had a lock, then we could... do more stuff without worrying. Nevertheless, the kiss got heated, leading to her hands grasping the end of my shirt and lifting it enough for her to slip her hands underneath. We moved a little away from each other when we heard footsteps in the corridor. I say we moved away, I meant we just stopped kissing and Octavia laid her hands on my chest again. There was a knock - there's a change. "Yeah?" I called. Mom walked in.

"Hey, sweetie," she smiled when she saw our position. "I was just wondering if you think we should go out tomorrow or if we should have a buffet,"

"Buffet," Octavia said quickly. Mom stared at her for two seconds then nodded.

"Buffet it is," she said as she left, closing the door. We made eye contact.

"Love you," she said, somehow breaking out of my grip and standing up. 

"Where're you going?" I asked. She picked up one of the shirts I'd already worn this week then put it down again, going in my suitcase. She pulled out an orange Halloween XPLR hoodie then placed it on the bed. She straight up pulled off her shirt, leaving her in her bra. As any male would, I watched her. She pulled on the hoodie then pulled off her pants. She laid next to me.

"I was changing, now I'm here," she said, smiling.

"Yes, you are," I grabbed her leg and pulled it towards me, "and you're looking as good as ever,"

"Which is?"

"Stunning," she smiled widely.

"Why thank you,"

"No problem," I returned her smile, relaxed more, then pulled her into my side. "What should we do?"

"I think we should..."