I'm imprinted

I was confused.OK maybe that was an understatement. "What do you mean?" I know I wasn't that great at English but I've never heard that word before.  

   He opened his mouth, then hesitated. "Is there somewhere private we can talk?" 

   "My house?" It sounded like a question. 

   He grabbed my hand. "Come with me." Seth's hands were hot, like he had burnt them. We started walking to what looked like a huge boulder. I should've pulled away. But there was something about him, something I couldn't resist.I sat down on the huge rock. Seth stood. 

   "Ok.... let's talk." I looked up at him. The sweet face was no longer there. Caution replaced it. 

   "An imprint is.... when you see her. You know she's the one because.....well you know. You would do anything for her. Be anything for her." There was no sign at all that he was joking. I nodded my head a few times. "And Zoie, your that girl." a smile spread across his face. 

   "So do you have to be native or something?" I totally ignored the 'your that girl' part. 

   His smile faded. "No." What wasn't he telling me? 

   "You can trust me you know." I said trying to be sweet and flirt a little. I smiled up at him, taking his hand. 

   "I kinda have to." Seth sat down beside me and returned my smile. "Promise not to jump and run?" He asked in a teasing voice. 

   A grin popped on my face. I pulled my hair back behind my ear. Eager. "Promise." 

   He took a deep breath. "OK ...... I'm a werewolf.' His eyes studied my face. Waiting for the jumping and running. It should have shocked me, and I should have run. But it didn't. 

   "Oh?......" I replied stupidly. "And how does that work exactly? I mean how do you go from human to......werewolf?" I was eyeing him curiously. 

   "I phase," 

   "And is that something I would get to see?" Too hopeful. 

   "Not unless it was necessary, unless you needed protection." 

   Now I jumped up. This had gone way too far. "But why me? I'm completely normal, and then look at you!" 

   Seth got up and hugged me. He didn't even know me. I guess it really didn't matter so I hugged him back. He made soothing noises until I finally spoke. "I have to go home. When will I see you again?" He laughed at my question. 

   "Don't be sad. Tomorrow. I'll come to you. At your house. And I have people I want you to meet." 

   Good I would see him tomorrow. "Who?" I asked. 

   He smiled and hugged me again. "My pack and some close friends." I pulled back and smiled. 

   "Bye," Seth turned and walked away. I speed walked all the way home. I would have ran but I didn't want to break the heels of my boots. 

*** 

   By the time I got home it was nine o'clock. my feet dragged me all the way upstairs to my room. I was too tired to get dressed so I just plopped down on my bed. I couldn't fall asleep so I just thought about everything that had happened that day. Seth didn't know me, and I didn't know him. But I loved him.

PLZ COMMENT