Training Gone Wrong

Terran was pissing me off!

   She was teaching me how to fight, and I was failing epically.

   We were in the Cullen's backyard (it had been turned into a training whatever) and they were all watching us. Jacob, Seth and Leah were there too. Edward, Jasper and Jake had each bet fifty dollars to Emmett that I was going to fall on my ass. Gr, to them, because I was so not going to fall.

   I'd done good with the flesh to flesh fighting, you know, hand to hand . . . that kind of stuff. But, now we were using swords and I was getting scraped up pretty good. Well, bad, cause it hurt like hell.

   I had been training with Terran everyday for two weeks now. Sure, I guess I did need the practice, so . . .  Last week Terran had me working on balance; she had gotten these balance beams imported here so that I could use them. Training with her was always super intense! I had to practice kicks and flips on, like, four inch wide beams. Not to mention that at times she would throw stuff at me, meaning for me to dodge them and to not fall off. It made me so mad!

   I hadn't exactly mastered the balance thing, but I was good with the kicks. (Doing the flips in the air and trying to land back on the beams was scary, cuz there were only a few mats underneath me).

   When we had finally moved on to the swords, Terran made me always wear these half swords, like, everywhere I went. They were pretty and sparkly, and had gold engraved into them, so yeah, I would wear them. Besides, Seth had found me these things for the swords that strapped to my thighs, and I looked bad ass with the knives in them. Especially when I wore mini shorts. Scrumpcilicious!!!

   Terran swung towards me, but I ducked, planning to trip her. But instead she cut off a piece of my loose hair. That pissed me off even more, so I lunged towards her with one sword while the other one tried to knock her sword out of her expert hands.

   Jacob cheered me on, making me loose my focus. Terran knocked my swords out of my hands, smiled, and pointed the sharp end of her sword at my throat. (of course she wouldn't really kill me). This was going to hurt . . .

   I glanced at the ground, my gaze trying to find my swords. One . . . two . . . three! I did a summer salt roll out of Terran's reach and picked up both of my swords. I stood up and took a fighting position. And as soon as I did, Terran again knocked my swords out of my hands and kicked me to the ground.

   It hurt a lot, and I was going to be bruisded up.

   "Ha! I win! Come on, pay up!" Emmett yelled like a way too psyched lottery winner. None too eagerly, Edward, Jasper and Jacob each handed over fifty bucks to a grinning Emmett.

   Terran offered a hand and helped me up. She said, "You got a along way to go if you want to fufil the prophecy, your Majesty. Just sayin'."

   "Yeesh! Well stop saying. I'm trying." I walked over to Seth and he put his arm around me protectivly, and then he kissed me. I smiled and hugged him.

   "Fifty dollars is a lot, you know." I said. "Edward, Jazz, Jake, you could have just asked Alice."

   "That would have been cheating," Alice said snuggling into Jasper with a smug look on her face.

   "Speaking of cheating," Leah said, "When do you two lovebirds head out to Spain or whatever?"

   I heard Rosalie mutter, "What does that have to do with cheating?"

   I smiled, thinking of the planned trip. Me and Seth were going to go with Camron and Maryse for a week to Spain. Just so that I could see what it would be like to be Queen. You know, so I had practice for when I got back home. Seth thought that it would be a good experience for me, and hell, I wanted to go too. Ii would be hella fun!

   "Um, we're leaving tomarrow, Leah."

   "Oh, really? Does that mean that you don't want me to come along too?"

   "Shut up Leah," I said laughing. Then I turned to Esme. "Do you think  that you guys can hold things together until we get back?

   "Don't worry, dear. Everything will be taken care of. Just go and have fun."

   "Yeah," Bella said, "While you still can."

   "What the hell is that supposed to mean," I asked.

   "Well, I have one kid and my life is just great . . . But you on the other hand. Imagine three."

   "I'll handle it."

   And then Seth said, "We will handle it."