Restless yet Peacfull

It was raining and I was wearing all black. I was going to Nettie's funeral, and you know what? I had promised myself that wasn't going to have a mental breakdown. Standing outside of the small church, I was waiting for Seth to come. The freakin' umbrella had broke in the wind so I had to stand, like, right against the building so that I wouldn't get wet.

   Okay, so since I was no longer allowed to sleep in the same house as Seth, Camron and Maryse had to bring me here. That was really the only rule that I had a problem with. There were other rules too; but only two. Rule one: I was allowed to go nowhere without telling someone where I was going. Rule two: I was not allowed to leave Forks or La Push without protection. And three: I was not allowed to have a sleepover with any boyfriends.

   Crazy crap, huh?

   Just then one of the churches double wide doors opened, and scaring me to death, Maryse walked outside. She put a blanket around me and looked out into the distance.

   Her and Camron were going to speak for the funeral, since they were, like, royalty and stuff. Besides I think Nettie was a christian??? I think my dad was too . . . And when I asked if Nettie was really a Niccolette, my parents told me that she was my moms (Nayas) real daughter. Nettie was supposed to look after if anything ever happened to my mom; she knew everything too.

   I looked up at Maryse. Her red lipstick was so bright, it almost made me want to look away. Then she said, "I think that you should come inside and wait for Seth there. You're going to catch a cold, Zoie."

   I shook my head no. "No, I told that I-- Look. There he is."

   Seth came walking up the sidewalk with his hands in his pockets. That was as dressed up as Seth got. A T-shirt and jeans. He looked up and smiled at me. I hadn't seemed him since he dropped me off to see Rosalie, but it seemed like forever. I spent everyday with Seth; but I also spent time with Erin, Tanner, and Terran too.

   "We're about to start so come inside soon,"said Maryse as she walked back into the church.

   Walking up the stairs, Seth smiled at me bigger. He looked so hot, and he smelt great when he leaned in to hug me. Then Seth kissed me.

   "Why did you walk here? We could have come to pick you up."

   Eyes sparkling, he said, "Come on, Z, I can handle a little rain. But you on the other hand . . . You look like you're about to get sick. Let's go inside."

   "Kay." But on the inside I thought it was totally weird to haveSeth worried about my health. Sure that's what boyfriends did, but, well, he was Seth. Not that Seth was all emotional like I was, but I mean he was a guy. Guys wern't usually crazy about stuff like sickness and feelings. All of that seemed to be different with Seth though . . . If any of that makes sense.

   The church was rectangular, with a ceiling that tapered at the point, as if the church was really a huge tower. The walls were lined with pictures of God and such, with the windows so high, even Seth wouldn't be able to see through them. There was also a bookcase filled with books of all sorts on the west wall.

   The floor was a polished tile, with parts of glass and marble, and something that looked like very colorful rock.

   In the center of the room there were benches aligned in a two by four formation. Seth and I took our seats on the first bench, he held my hand as if to comfort me. Standing in front of the church behind the podium, were my parents.

   Nettie's funeral was private so it was only the four of us inside of the small church. Her coffin was set to the left of Camron and Maryse,it was open as my parents began to speak. But, I was still too scared to get up and see Nettie.