Somewhere Over the Rainbow

Chapter 18 - Somewhere Over the Rainbow

Megan POV

Ali was in the hospital wing for a week because she had lost four toes, from a way that I have no clue why *wink wink*. In that time; Tori got out of the hospital wing, and we got revenge on George by doing big time pranks.

We put a charm on his toothpaste so his teeth turn Slytherin green and silver. Tori did a charm when he was sleeping so, across his face, the words ‘Cheating Manwhore” were spelled out in very many zits. Which we also did with Ali just making it spell out “Sluty Whore”. We then made Sugar chase him around a few times, and last night we had put itching powder in his underwear drawer. The funny thing was that we didn’t know whose drawer was whose so both Fred and George got itching powder in their underwear drawer.

It was hilarious watching the two of them walk into the Great Hall this morning. George didn’t sit with us, he sat with, his now girlfriend, Ali. I glared at the two of them from my seat.

Fred came and sat next to Tori. He glared at the two of us.

“I know you two did it,” he spoke, still slightly glaring. Tori gave him an innocent grin.

“Sorry hun, we didn’t know which was which, but I’m sure you did something to deserve it,” said Tori. I chuckled at the two of them.

I looked back over to George and Ali. They both still had the zits spelling out “Cheating Manwhore” and “Sluty Whore” on their faces yet they were staring at each other like they didn’t care- no, like they didn’t even notice.

I just didn’t get it. At my old school Ali used to refuse to even talk to guys that weren’t perfect or at least pretty damn close to it. Yet, here’s George, her new boyfriend, that’s from a poor family, is a cheating manwhore and has those exact words written across his face in zits. Yeah, he’s amazingly hot, but not even close to Ali’s type.

~*~

Two Weeks Before Christmas Break

~*~

I had been staring at the ceiling for what seemed like hours. I couldn’t fall asleep and I had no clue why. It was probably around one in the morning and my dorm was about ten degrees colder than it normally is.

I swung my feet over my bed, and onto the floor, shivering as my bare feet touched the cold floor.

Kara was sound asleep, sprawled out on her bed.

I ran a brush through my tangled rats nest called my hair, and quietly walked up stairs to the common room. There was nobody in there. I decided to just go for a quick walk.

I walked for a while before I realized that I was in the Forbidden Forest.

There was a small pond which I sat near.

Not even five minutes of me sitting there had passed before I heard someone, or something, walking behind me. I froze.

“I’m not gunna murder you,” a familiar male voice spoke. I relaxed realizing that it was just Alex.

“You scared me half to death,” I breathed out, turning my head to face him.

He chuckled and sat next to me, fairly close.

We just sat there, silently, staring at the water, yet it wasn’t an awkward silence. It was nice.

After about ten minutes Alex spoke, “Couldn’t sleep?” I shook my head. “Same here,” he said. “How come I never see you in any of my classes?” Alex asked me.