Chapter 17: The bells

Today was the day. I was going to get to try to take Kurama's chakra. It felt mean though. Taking Kurama's chakra, it felt wrong. Naruto did it, so why can't I?

"Naruko, I'll be right by your side if anything happens", he got me out of my trance.

"Okay Naruto, I'm ready. Let's do this quickly", I said excitedly.

"Take it easy kid. Sit down and relax", he answered. "Call your tailed beast". The place I had arrived in was pretty dark. Water soaked the floors. It was almost like a sewer of some sort.

"Naruko! Don't forget, love defeats hatred", a voice boomed through my head. "You can do it, I believe in you". That strengthened me. His words won't ever leave my head.

"Kurama, where are you?" I yelled. A huge gate stood before me. Two red giant eyes looked at me with irritation.

"Finally you have come to visit me. I was beginning to lose hope", the huge fox growled.

"Don't fall for any of it's tricks, Naruko!" Naruto exclaimed. No way was I losing. I had to prove to Naruto and the village that I was a worthy jinchuriki.

"I'm sorry Kurama, but I cannot fully trust you yet", I smiled.

"I understand", he sighed. Okay now I feel really sorry for him.

"If you want to cooperate, then we can. I want to take your chakra and add to a reserve".

"I'll try to do my best. But if the yang side of me takes over, I cannot stop him", he said. What was he talking about? I stepped closer towards him. He held his paw out as far as he could. Naruto had showed me how to do it. I got a good distance. My chakra got out of my body and moved towards the paw. It grabbed the paw. Instead of the paw following with it was Kurama's chakra. Kurama's glare changed. It became evil. So this was the yang side he meant.

"What are you doing kid? Are you trying to get yourself killed?" the evil voice said. The chakra that was being pulled into me changed into a dark red. It started consuming me. A white flash of light appeared in my eyes.

"Hello Naruko!" a young woman with red hair smiled.

"Hello?.." I said hesitantly. The woman became infuriated. She hit me hard on the head.

"Is that the way you treat your mother?!" she yelled. I looked up at her.

"Mom..? Is it really you?" I asked happily. She put a hand to my cheek.

"Yes I am". I placed on of my hands on her cheeks. Then I remembered.

"Mom! Kurama is going to take control over my body if we don't do anything", I panicked.

"Take it easy. We've just met after like 12 years. You saying you don't want to talk to me?"

"If we don't do something about Kurama, we might not get the change to".

"Okay, just promise me this. That you'll be successful in befriending the nine-tails", she smiled. The white light was replaced by darkness. Chains of light shot out of my stomach. The chains were wrapped around Kurama and held him down. With the love of my mother I pulled in all of the chakra I could. To my surprise it was a massive amount. The white flash returned.

"Sweetie you did it", my mom said. "Now let's talk a bit". I nodded with tears in my eyes, still not believing what was going on.

"Have you made any friends?" she asked impatiently.

"Well I guess you say that. Until very recently though I was alone since I can remember", I replied silently. "Then this man appeared. He spoke to me with such kindness I had never experienced before. Then a few days later, Jiraiya and Tsunade started looking after me as if I were their grand daughter. We all got together, including Kakashi-Sensei. They decided that they were going to train me. I couldn't overstate my joy. The first two weeks Tsunade taught me basic and advanced medical ninjutsu. Four weeks with Jiraiya and Kakashi improved my attack like crazy. Then the last two weeks I spent training with Naruto. He taught me how to evade most tai- and ninjutsu. He even taught me something called the death style. Today being the last day of my 8 week training couldn't have ended better", I was so excited that I couldn't hold back.