Chapter 30: Vanishing From Existence

------------Amegakure... Unknown date------------

Amatsu and Marichi was at the village that the Kages in the alliance decided to invite. The third great shinobi war ended when Namikaze Minato single handedly defeated one-thousand Iwagakure ninja. After the destruction of Iwa caused by Amatsu, Iwa refused to sign any alliance and peace treaty papers. This resulted in the Tsuchikage going all out against the other elemental nations. It soon ended in their own demise and were forced to surrender. Thus, Iwa was left out of the alliance. Marichi had suggested to invite Amegakure as the fifth and final member in the alliance. The four Kage's agreed. They knew of the rumoured Akatsuki, who were the current leaders of Amegakure. Being a dragon does have it's shares of advantages. Amatsu became a means of transport for the four Kages. Which he didn't particularly like very much. Amatsu landed beside the bridge that led to Amegakure.

One ninja was standing in the middle of the bridge. The four Kages walked towards the Amegakure ninja. Amatsu's body began shrinking slowly until he had regained his human form.
"Amatsu-Ame-sama!!! You've finally become human again", the light orange haired girl jumped up and down in glee. She threw her arms around the blond's neck. He caught Marichi happily, turning around in circles as he lifted her into the air.
"I missed you so much!" Amatsu exclaimed. "What has it been? A week? A month?" Marichi just smiled in reply.
"Raijin-san?" the Yondaime Raikage asked in shock. "Marichi wasn't joking when she said that that dragon was you". He continued on walking with the other Kages. The Raikage knew how the two felt by just looking at them. He thought it was best to let them spend some time with each other. Amatsu hadn't been in his human form for two and half weeks. He had been unable to do human activities with her for eighteen days.
"I couldn't ask you when I was in my dragon form, seeing as that would be highly inappropriate", Amatsu said hugging the girl. "When you were asleep you said something... "Amatsu-Ame-sama, I love you". Marichi froze.

Never before had she been so scared. She faked a smile. The girl tried to escape from Amatsu's grip, but couldn't get loose.
"Just tell me if it's the truth..." Amatsu whispered softly. "Marichi..." Amatsu's face was getting dangerously close to Marichi's. This is what she had wanted since they first got to properly know each other. But she was hesitating. A tear fell from her cheek. Amatsu gently kissed her. Her hesitation disappeared, her doubt faded away and her fear vanished. As their lips parted Marichi had a smile as beautiful as dawn.
"Took you two long enough!" Minato exclaimed. Minato had been elected as the yondaime Hokage for his achievements during the war. One would have thought that Amatsu would have been chosen as the next Hokage. Amatsu had declined the position, stating that he does not have the energy to be Hokage. Part of the reason was also that he had to unite the shinobi world. Another reason was that he wouldn't be able to concentrate with Marichi around.

"Mina- I mean Hokage-sama!" Amatsu said startled. His cheeks were flushed deep red. "How long have you been standing there?" The Yondaime Hokage looked angry at Amatsu.
"How many times do I have to tell you?! I'm your best friend. Call me by my name!" he sighed calmly. "I've been standing here since the two of you started spinning around". Marichi was hiding behind Amatsu, clenching his clothing. They could tell that she was really embarrassed. Amatsu held his hand out to grasp Marichi's hand. She misunderstood his message and she wrapped her arms around his arm. The three caught up with the rest of the group fairly quickly.

"Finally the allied shinobi force has arrived", Yahiko said with a hint of harshness in his voice. "What can Amegakure do for you?" The orange haired man looked at Marichi. He was wearing a black full body cloak with several red clouds on it. His face fad no piercings in it. His eyes were dark orange. His hair was spiky yet barely grazed his back. The Ame headband was tightened around his forehead. Minato was the first to speak.
"We wish to negotiate an alliance with Amegakure", Yondaime Mizukage said bluntly. Seven ninja appeared out of the water, ambushing the Kages. They didn't get much time to react though. All Amegakure ninja had kunai pointed at their vital points. The kunai fell in the water. Amatsu kept his calm composure. He raised his right hand and did the ram seal. All of the kunai floating in the water, disappeared in smoke.