24. Uncertainty

Hi readers, so here is another update and i'm sorry for being unstable.

I  hope you enjoy this one.

Happy Reading  :)

*********

Uncertainty

I am walking in the street alone, its dark and I myself tried to ignore that fact thinking that it is okay. I have never been on this road till this late but today i got late somehow. The whole road seems deserted and corners of the road are filled with the deadly silence. 

The weather seemed so chilly today out of all the other days and i shivered a little bit when a cold breeze passed. As far as i know, its a short path but somehow these current conditions made it seem like a long road. To deviate my mind i started humming a random tune that has been stuck in my brain for days now and smiled to myself when i saw bright stars shining upon me from the sky. 

Right, when I'm in the middle of this road, I heard sounds...those sounds of men who are staggering all the way but coming in my direction, they seem drunk, super drunk. Thinking that to myself, i quickened my pace taking long steps but still it is of no help as they're catching up with me and i started running. 

I ran like hell but there are still behind me, walking unsteadily and laughing. It seemed like they're laughing at me trying to outrun them and no matter how much faster I run, they are still catching up with me. 

Now, i can actually smell their alcohol stink coming from right behind me. It's like i'm on a loop of running and running and running and no matter how far i ran, they're walking right behind me trying to catch me while laughing scornfully at me. 

At last, after running so hard, I finally saw my car in the parking lot and at the moment I opened the car door someone dragged me back from behind. Then someone closed my mouth tightly with their filthy hands and other one hold me in place forcefully making me stop moving, hot tears started spilling out from my eyes and i cried. No matter how loud i scream only muffled voice came up, still i cried for help but then no one came.

 I felt like dying when their alcohol smell is all over me and those people, they just sniggered at my helpless situation. They kept dragging me back and my body started going numb, more tears spilled out when i saw them into their eyes filled with lust, they are looking at me like i'm their prey.................Alia sat up straight on her bed panting hard covered in sweat and her eyes are still wet. She is sweating badly and her heart is beating hard like a machine gun. 

Alia got up from her bed and went into her bathroom to wash her face and then she just stood there watching her reflection in the mirror, she told no one about that incident from that night. She again lay down on her bed and closed her eyes but this time she tried to think about her savior.  Manik.

 From that night, she is getting the same nightmare every night on repeat but thinking about Manik and how he saved her, somehow helped her in calming her nerves. Alia knew nothing about Manik apart from his name but then thinking about him calms her like if something bad is going to happen again, then he would save her miraculously and she doesn't know what name she should give to her feelings this time. 

Maybe gratitude because he saved her or guilty for scolding him on the first time they met or ..........she doesn't know, Alia really don't know and she felt the urgent need to sort out her feelings before they make her more confused.