23 "It was all about love"

"Where is FP?" I asked when we got to the hospital.

"Don't bother him," Anthony muttered, and he took my hand tightly so that I wouldn't fall. "Surely he will arrive in time"

"I hope so" I squeezed through my teeth. "Shit, the pain is unbearable," I said and leaned against the wall. After a moment a nurse came running to us.

"What's happening?" she asked.

"I'm in labor" I replied, breathing quickly.

"Please, put her in a wheelchair." nurse said. "We have a lady here in labor," she added, and as soon as I sat on the cart, she drove me to the delivery room.

"Where's FP?" I asked when I was sitting on the bed. "I want him"

"Who is FP?" the doctor asked.

"A father of a child and my husband"

What a white lie...

"Okay. Breathe. Someone will go after him," she said reassuringly and wiped the sweat from my forehead with a handkerchief.

"I'll wait," I nodded, and after a while FP and Anthony entered the room.

"I am the father of this child, not you!" shouted FP and looked at Anthony.

"But I was looking after Alice when you tried to save a marriage with Gladys!"

"Are you jealous that Alice chose me instead of you?!" FP was angry.

"I know you will hurt her anyway!"

"Shut up!" I shouted loudly when I felt the first strong kick. "FP" I whispered, and he ran up to me and kissed my hand.

"Can we start?" the doctor asked. "Mr. Anthony leave the room, please" she added. Resigned Anthony left, and I breathed a sigh of relief.

"I'm glad you're here," I whispered and stroked FP on the cheek.

"I love you" he kissed me on the forehead.

"I love you too"

~~~~~

"He is beautiful." FP whispered and looked at our son.

After everything, the nurse wrapped my son in a blanket and put him on my chest. I gently stroked his cheek and kissed him on the forehead. I embraced him as gently as I could.

"Hello, baby" I whispered, and tears ran down my cheeks.

"Look, it's your daddy" FP touched our son and smiled broadly.

"He looks like ... He looks like Charles," I whispered quietly. "He's so similar to him."

"Maybe we'll call him Charles?" FP looked at me.

"Charles Pendleton Jones" I murmured with a smile. "Maybe Forsythe Charles Pendleton Jones the fourth?"

"No. I don't want to hurt my baby with this. Charles Pendleton Jones is perfect"

"As you wish, honey" I said with a smile. "As you wish"

~~~~~

It's been a few weeks since my labor. Charles was shooting up properly, and I was slowly gaining strength. I took care of my son every day. Betty and Jughead often help me so that I could rest for a moment or go with FP for a walk. Speaking of FP, he spent every free moment with me, but he also had to work and spend time with Jellybean.

Gladys and FP's divorce was prolonged. I didn't know why. It's been three months since FP filed for divorce.

"Mom, do you want to have a free evening tonight?" Betty came into my bedroom. I smiled weakly at her.