20 "And I'm so happy about it"

"Hermione, we have to talk," I said, stepping into her office.

"Alice? How did you ask security guards to let you out here?"

"I said that I'm pregnant and it's better for them to don't touch me, because they'll find out what a pregnant woman is capable of," I said and grabbed the chair. "You have a very high office"

"It's just ten stairs, Alice." Hermione sighed.

"Put yourself in my place" I touched my stomach.

"Alice, what happened? I don't have much time," she said, and I looked at her.

"If I tell you what happened, you will find time for me" I sat on the chair and looked at her. "I talked to Gladys," I added, and as I expected, Hermione sat next to me curiously.

"Go on ..." she said and smiled.

"Hiram owes Gladys money, a lot of money, so she decided to break into your house to find some papers about trading the fizzle rocks between them."

"Does she really think that Hiram keeps such things in his office?" Hermione laughed, and I shrugged.

"I don't know, Hermione, I only told you because we were a friends and I know I can count on you."

"Of course, Alice. Say what you want to do and I will be happy to help you"

"I was surprised that Gladys asked me to help break into your house, so I thought we would just come and talk to you."

"If she wants, I'll give her all the money that Hiram owes her." Hermione sighed and shook her head.

"I know," I nodded.

"Anyway, I wanted to break into my husband's office for a long time, so I'll be happy to help you," she said with a sigh, and I cleared my throat.

"What? You don't have access to his office?" I asked and raised my eyebrows.

"Like he has no access to our bedroom," Hermione shrugged. "You don't even know how many times I want to do something to him," she added and rose from her chair. "I don't want to be in this marriage ..."

"Are you serious?" I bit my lip and touched my stomach. Baby began to move.

"I even planned to kill him once," she sighed and dropped into the chair and I looked at her surprised.

"It doesn't work?" I asked sadly and she shook her head.

"Unfortunately," she shrugged. "Hiram has probably made a pact with the devil." she added.

"Hiram is the devil's incarnation," I murmured, and Hermione laughed.

"Come to me today, okay? Hiram isn't in town, so we can somehow break into his office.

"Okay" I nodded. "I like doing business with you"

"Mutually," she whispered.

~~~~~

I entered Whyte Wyrm with a smile and sought Gladys. I waved to her and she showed me her middle finger.

"Did something happen, queen of darkness?" I asked and sat next to her.

"No" she shook her head and drank the whiskey from the glass. I looked at the table with five empty glasses.

"What is wrong with you, my partner in crime?"

"Worse day" she whispered and put a glass next to the others. "Why did you come here?"

"Finally, I want to get rid of Hiram," I shrugged.

"Now?" Gladys laughed, and I nodded at the gekwa.

"Now" I added about I got up from the table. "Come on" I pulled her with me.

Gladys was worried, I saw it. Despite my lack of sympathy for her, I was sad about it. We got into my car and drove to Hermione.

"For your information, Gladys, I talked to Hermione," I said as we got out of the car.

"I knew I couldn't trust you, Smith."

I rolled my eyes.

"There's no need to break into the Lodge's house if Hermione wants to get rid of Hiram too," I murmured and pulled her toward the front door. When I wanted to knock, I heard Hermione scream. My heart beat harder.

"We have to help her," I said, and without thinking went inside.

A man in a black suit stood in front of Hermione with a gun pointed to her head. On the floor was another, similarly dressed man with a gunshot wound in his head.

"What the hell is going on here ?!" Gladys shouted and went into the room.

"Gladys, don't come, please," said Hermione frightened, and the assailant laughed.

"I see you brought your friends in. Wonderfully," he laughed. "I will kill you all and my boss will give me a lot of money"

"I wouldn't be so sure of that," Gladys muttered and pulled the knife from her boot. She threw it at the man, who howled in pain and fell to the ground. He grabbed his bleeding shoulder. I ran to Hermione and looked at her. She held a gun in her hand and she was terrified.

"We're running away, now!" Gladys shouted when more men with gun
appeared at home.

We headed for the stairs to be in Hermione's office. We heard shots behind our backs, but we didn't turn around. This scene was like a science fiction movie, and I felt like we were Charlie's Angels.

"Shit" I shouted when I fell on the stairs. Before Hermione and Gladys turned in my direction, one of the attackers caught me and put a knife to my throat.

"You slut. I'll cut your throat, and then I'll cut this brat out of you," he growled, and I burst into tears.

"Let me go!" I tried to kick him, but he put a knife to my throat more tightly.

When I kicked him in the shin, he cut my skin on the arm with a knife. I cried out in pain. Next I heard the shot, then another and I noticed that the rest of men fall on the floor with gunshot wounds in their heads.

"Alice, look out," Gladys shouted and threw a gun to me. I caught it at the last moment and fired right into my torturer's chest. After all, I started shouting loudly and crying. It was a big shock.

"What the fuck was it, Hermione?" I asked loudly, squeezing my arm.

"Hiram" Hermione, horrified, sat down in front of me and tousled her shirt to cover my wound.

"Hiram wanted to kill you?" Gladys asked.

"Revange. For romance with Fred." Hermione sighed, and Gladys laughed.

"What did we do with that?" I nodded to the four dead guys on the floor.

"We'll call somebody who will help us." Gladys smiled and pulled the phone out of her pants pocket.

"Oh no," I murmured when I guessed who she called.

I looked at my arm, which was bleeding all the time.

"Come on, I have a first aid kit in the living room," Hermione said, and I nodded. We walked cautiously past corpses and went into the living room. After a few seconds, Gladys joined us.

"My wonderful and beloved husband will be here soon and together we will think of something ," she murmured and went to the bar from which she took Whiskey and poured herself a glass.

"Feel free to drink my whiskey, Gladys," Hermione rolled her eyes and took care of my wounds. "You have to go to the emergency room with this"

"I will survive," I whispered, holding my stomach, which was beginning to hurt more and more. "My wonderful and beloved lover will appear here? I'm glad that you thought about him, Gladys" I blinked at her sweetly.

"I hate you," Gladys hissed.

"I know," I said. "And I'm so happy about it" I shrugged and looked at my wound.