22 "My water broke"

Before Christmas, I went to the gynecologist to find out if everything was good with my child.

"Do you want to know the sex of the child?" Doctor asked, and I nodded.

"I want" I nodded and waited with excitement.

From the beginning of pregnancy, I had a feeling that it would be a boy. I was so nervous.

"It's a boy," she said with a smile, and I felt tears in my eyes.

It couldn't be a coincidence. Twenty-five years ago, I lost my son, and today I have the chance to have him again. It is a great feeling knowing that in less than two months I will give birth to a boy.

"You don't know how happy I am", I whispered and wiped tears from my eyes. The doctor laughed.

"I can imagine" she smiled broadly at me.
~~~~~

After a visit I went to Pop to meet with FP. I noticed him behind the counter and approached him with a smile.

"Hello, handsome," I said with a smile.

"Hi, Al" he kissed me on the cheek. "I'm just starting my break. Maybe we'll eat something?" he asked, and I nodded.

"That's a good idea, I'm very hungry," I laughed softly.

"Go to the table, honey. I'll be right back" he asked and I smiled.

~~~~~

"I talked to Sierra. I filed a divorce petition. Now I am waiting for the date of the court case." he said and grabbed my hand. We sat at the table most distant from human eyes. We wanted some privacy.

"I'm happy," I murmured and touched his hand. "I have good news for you too"

"I'm all ears"

"I was at the doctor today and..."

"And what? Tell me" He kissed my hands and looked me in the eyes.

we will have a boy," I whispered in tears, and the FP grinned.

"Really?" He asked, pleased and I nodded.

"Yes" I wrote with joy and he hugged me to himself.

"I will have a boy!" he said loudly and kissed my lips. I was happy that FP was so happy. "We will have a boy!"

"I love you" I whispered and I patted him on the cheek.

"I love you too"

~~~~~

Polly came home for Christmas. I was afraid to tell her about my pregnancy because I didn't know how she would react. But I couldn't hide my pregnant belly any more, so as soon as Polly saw me, she knew what had happened.

"Mom," she said and looked at me. "You're pregnant?" she asked, and I nodded.

"Yes" I whispered, slightly confused.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier?" she asked and came to me.

"I'm sorry, I was afraid of your reaction"

"Are you scared? Since when are you afraid of something?" she asked and hugged me tight. "Are you happy?"

"I am. Really I am. " I whispered with tears in my eyes.

"That's the most important thing for me" she kissed me on the cheek.

~~~~~

We only spent the Christmas Eve dinner. Juniper and Dagwood slept carefree in the cradle. My daughters and I ate supper and talked about the past."