9. After Practice Surprise

Y/n POV

"Glad you could make it on such short notice," I said reaching into my fridge. "Sprite?"

"Sure, I'll take one." They said as I sat a can of sprite for each of us on the table.

"So, V," I started, sitting down at the counter opposite of him. "I don't want you to think I'm grilling you, here. But why did you turn her down, you knew she liked you. I don't really completely believe what you said in your text."

He smiled and looked me dead in the eyes. "Y/n, there is no way I could have been a good fit for her. I don't think she realized it, but She's head over heels for you. She's a good friend, I couldn't put her in a position where she would realize that while we were dating and then feel bad because she's thinking like that."

"How could you tell, I was oblivious to it," I questioned as I took a drink of my sprite.

"It was pretty obvious to everyone but you two." He said with a chuckle, "you two were trying so hard to make the friendship work that you didn't notice how much you two go together."

"Everyone saw it like that?" I asked feeling a little attacked that no one told me.

"Look, I would have liked to of dated Jisoo. But I'd feel bad for taking her away from the guy she seems she was literally made for. Besides, you know how unhealthy it is for us idols to date. We're stressed beyond reason with the job its self. Adding that on top would be a recipe for bad mental health." He continued. "Besides, I hear you and her are together now. So, I was right. I left after she asked because I knew her hero would save her. I didn't have a schedule."

"You knew I would show up?" I asked setting the can down.

"Yeah, you would be the first person she would call after that," V said taking a sip. "I mean, I hated hurting her feelings, but like I said, she wouldn't have ended up being a good fit."

The room was quiet for a moment while I processed what I heard. At least he didn't have a reason like he thought she was ugly, because let's face it, Jisoo is freaking gorgeous.

"Thank you, Taehyung," I said with a small smile.

"Don't." He said simply, setting the empty can on the counter. "You two were made for each other, just live and be happy. Then share that happiness with each other."

V stood up and walked to the door and stopped and turn his head to face me. "After that performance, we're expecting a lot of competition from you four. We expect it more so since you left the group and company just before you were revealed as the eighth member. Consider the ARMY to be ANGELS."

"And ANGELS to be ARMY." I responded.

"Just remember to pay close attention to your mental health okay. I don't want to hear that every got to you in the worst way." V said genuinely.

"I promise, V. If it gets to be too much we'll at the very least take a break." I smiled, he smiled back and shut the door behind him as he left. "I would have stayed if I had the option too, Tae, I promise." I continued to myself. "But if I'm honest, I may have missed out on the fame, but I don't regret it. I have a beautiful girl by my side and I love my group. Not that I didn't and don't love BTS. I just think this is where I was meant to be."

After I reminisced to myself about my training with BTS and how far I had come since, I decided I should go to see Uncle Yang since he had texted me earlier telling me he wanted to see me. I got up from my chair, threw the cans away, and grabbed my face mask, helmet, and bike keys. On my way out of the dorm building, I ran into the other members who were watching TV on the couch.