5. Love Blind

Y/n POV

I woke up on my couch to the sound of sizzling coming from the kitchen area. I took a groggy breath and sat up, rubbing the tired from my eyes. I stretched my groggy body and yawning earning the attention of Jisoo who was in the kitchen area cooking something.

"Oh, you're awake!" She said happily as she plated food onto two separate plates. I hope you don't mind, but I made us some food."

"No, that's perfectly fine. I appreciate it." I smiled as she brought me over a plate and silverware.

"I'm sorry for last night," Jisoo said after a moment of silence, looking down sadly at her plate.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I said taking a bite of the eggs.

"I'm serious. I didn't show up for our study session, I worried you, and then I bothered you with my problems for something that wasn't even that big of a deal." She began tearing up again. "As if that wasn't bad enough, I took your bed and you had to sleep on your couch."

"Chu," I cupped her cheek and wiped the tear out of her eyes. " You didn't bother me at all. I'm your best friend, I'm here to help you. I'm here when you need a shoulder to cry on. You got your heart broken, it happens to everyone at some point in their life. It happens even when the person that hurts us doesn't intend to. It is a big deal and you need friends there to get you through. You also didn't take my bed, I carried you to it and tucked you in. It's all fine, Chu, I promise."

"Y/n/n, I know I say this a lot, but really, you're too sweet." She said with a smile. "You're going to make some girl really happy one day."

"Well, we will see." I chuckled as I took my plate to the kitchen and cleaned it off. "You can use the shower if you want to get cleaned up. I was gonna tell you last night, but you fell asleep."

"Okay, I'll jump in now." She walked her plate to the sink and went to clean it off when I grabbed it from her.

"You cooked, so I'll clean," I said with a smile. She smiled back gave me a hug before taking off to the bathroom. "You can grab a pair of my sweat pants and a shirt to wear," I yelled out to her.

"Okay!" She yelled back. At least she seemed to have cheered up a little.

I checked my phone to see a reply from V. I had texted him the night before to see how he was. The rejection wasn't malicious or anything, he just didn't feel the same. I wanted to make sure he knew our friend was safe. His response was simply, 'Thanks man, I'm so sorry. I really didn't mean to hurt her and she seemed okay when I left. I'm fine though, thank you for asking'.

I turned on the smart TV that hung on my wall and loaded up my Spotify and selected my Kpop list. Dropping down on my couch I grabbed the lesson book and went to the pages I had been working on to review. Sure enough, I had a good grasp on the Korean alphabet and was able to read it perfectly fine. Still wasn't sure on some of the words or proper grammar, so to speak, but I'm getting there. Maybe I shouldn't have been dumb and just started with the alphabet in the first place. Oh well, never claimed to be the smart one in the group. I was brought out of my thoughts by a knocking at the door.

"Coming!" I got up from the couch and answered the door to bobby standing there.

"Yo, you got eggs? We're short a few for pancakes." He asked.

"Yeah, I should have enough, come on in." He walked in behind me and I opened the fridge pulling a carton with half a dozen eggs in it.

"Who's out there, y/n-" Jisoo got halfway through my name when she noticed bobby was here and closed my bedroom door quickly. Probably embarrassed because she was only wearing a towel.