Don't Go

Don't Go

"I can't wait till you leave."

"You're going to miss me."

"No, seriously. I'm going to throw a party, drinks and everything. It's going to be titled the no-more-dealing-with-Mattie's-crap-anymore party."

There was only a three foot gap between us as we lingered outside his yard. The grass hadn't been cut in a while, so the edges of it were tickling my ankles. He kept his pierced gaze unwavering, though, and I dared myself not to move a muscle. He absolutely hated when I called him Mattie. "I feel so honored," He finally drawled out, the mesmerizing smirk that overcame his pink lips taunting my anger.

He finally stalked past me, insuring that his shoulder shoved into mine heavily. I almost went tumbling into the uncut grass, but I managed to keep myself upright. Mattie was moving away from me after six and a half years of torture. He was going to live with his father. Which was on the other side of the state.

Matt doesn't have a nice bone in his body when it comes to me. He's crude, perverted, and just about anything else that doesn't include being pleasant towards me. I've dealt with him my entire life. And now that senior year has ended, I won't see him ever again. He's going to live with his father for college, and today was the last day I was ever going to see him.

And words cannot explain how long I've waited for this day to come.

"I hope you become so miserable out in Yuckon that you flat-out die of boredom," I said in his face bluntly as we walked into his house. His mother was in the kitchen, making a salad for her dinner. She didn't even glance up at us. She was so use to this routine that it never affected her anymore.

"I was thinking more along the lines of, 'finding a nice girl and start a relationship'," He replied in monotone, grabbing a water bottle out of the fridge and taking a swig of it. Of course, he didn't offer me one, so I had to forcefully move him out of the way to get my own. Again, his mother was in her own little world, humming a tune that I was unfamiliar with.

"A nice girl?" I snorted as he flipped around, probably heading towards his room. "There's no such thing. A girl would never, in a million years, under any circumstances, be nice to you."

He ignored me as we stalked the stairs to his bedroom. "I beg to differ."

"I mean, Yuckon. Just listen to that God-forsaken name," I continued as we entered his room. "Yuck-on. Yuck. On. Whoever named that town needs to come the hell back and reconsider it."

"I wish I could back the hell up out of your life," He said as he flopped down onto his bed. And then he feigned a look. "Oh, wait! I can do that! In fact, I'm doing that today!" A grin sprawled out over his face as he lowered his bottle of water onto his nightstand.

Most of his stuff was packed away in boxes, already loaded in his car. The only things that were left were his bed, his nightstand, some of his posters, and a couple of hoodies that were hanging in his closet that no longer fit him. He was leaving tonight, driving six and a half hours over to disgusting Yuckon. Since I no longer had his spinning-chair left to sit on, I sat down on the edge of his comfortable bed.

"Idiot," I muttered under my breath, chucking the water bottle at his face. At the last second, his hand shot up and he caught it, grinning like the little son of a gun he is.

"That would've hurt, Katie," He commented, placing it next to his half-drunk one.

I snorted in a very un-lady like manner, brushing my brown hair to the back of my head. "Out of all the things I've thrown at you over the years, I think that would've hurt the least."