Phase 6, part 3

When I tell Jaroslav about Lenka and her plan to infiltrate the Yeomen society, it's like someone injected a new life into him

When I tell Jaroslav about Lenka and her plan to infiltrate the Yeomen society, it's like someone injected a new life into him. He thanks ma countless times (even though I basically did nothing) and asked me to invite the girl to his place. I called her and she agreed.

Lenka arrives in sunglasses and a beanie covering her hair. "I wanted to be a little incognito in case Bureš has his spies somewhere," she explains as she takes off her disguise. Then she cheerfully greets Jaroslav. "Mr. Havel! Great to meet you. You have my full support."

"I thank you for your effort to make things right," he smiles at the girl. They have enough courtesy to talk in English even though Czech is a mother tongue for both of them.

"Well, I have to get into it since there's no time to lose," Lenka says. "I have to look like Petra as much as possible. Zoya, you saw her just a while before she died while I haven't seen her for... three years, I guess. Your task is to make Petra out of me."

I check out her clothes - the same ones she had in Revoluce. "Well, Petra dressed a bit more grungy," I note. "I'll take a look in the stores nearby and buy something that fits Petra better."

An hour later, I return with a sleeveless leather vest, ripped jeans and several punk-style accessories I've seen Petra wearing. Lenka changes out of our sight and then returns to us with a blush on her face. "The vest is so... tight," she complains. "And was that cleavage really necessary?"

It's true that the jacket decorated with metal studs reveals a bit more of Lenka's rather prominent chest area; it doesn't seem to be her style. But we have to keep it authentic. "That's the way your sister dressed," I shrug. "And I guess Bureš is probably used to seeing it. You'll have to endure it for a while."

Lenka shivers. "To think that sleazy dude will be looking at my... God, sometimes I hate this body."

I have to say Lenka is now indeed dressed as Petra and the semblance grows as I undo her braid and mess up her hair. But there's still something imperfect in the transformation. Lenka's face which is way too wholesome and innocent. Nowhere near Petra's bitch look.

When she uses an eyeliner and a mascara, it's better - Petra was wearing more make-up than her twin sister. But her eyes and expression still aren't convincing.

"Girl, you still look way too meek," I criticize her. "Don't you remember the faces your sister used to make? Look at me and try to convince myself you hate me. You're disgusted and you'd rather see me dead. Come on, it can't be so hard! No one's gonna believe you you're Petra with this face."

Lenka tries her best to give me a spiteful look which isn't half bad, but it still seems acted. I'm starting to think this is hopeless and Lenka will never be able to reach the "qualities" of her sister.

This is where Jaroslav joins the discussion. "Maybe if you tried thinking about Bureš, it would work better," he says. "Imagine him in all his sleaziness, laughing at you, mocking you. Make an expression you'd like to show him. After all, he's responsible for the death of your twin sister."