Phase 4, part 3

I get out of the Fix chamber feeling almost as miserable as I did before

I get out of the Fix chamber feeling almost as miserable as I did before. The only thing it did was replacing the sharp pain with strange, numb feeling all over my body and indescribable fatigue. I can hardly put my new clothes on and I feel like blacking out again soon.

At least all the injuries, including the bullet wounds, are gone.

As soon as I receive the vitamin shot which should temper the fatigue a little, the two Wardens who got me here approach me. The woman, apparently some kind of officer in command, scans me with her bionic eye; it's not easy to recognize one, but I can notice the pupil and iris looking slightly odd, almost like a camera lens.

"Where are the vials?" I shout at them.

"Woah, calm your temper, mate," the male officer says. Now I notice he has dark skin - a black Castaway isn't a common sight. He's rather athletic, with a shaved head and prominent nose. The woman looks quite plain. Her wavy brown hair is tied into a ponytail and she already has some wrinkles on her pale face.

I take a few deep breaths to get back on the track again. "Sorry," I utter, "but I stole the serums literally before Nightingale's eyes and went through hell to get them here. So I suppose I have a bit of right to decide what will happen to them next."

"They're in good hands of the Wardens," the woman replies curtly.

"Yeah, good hands," I sneer. "Listen up, I was one of Nightingale's bitches. And I've seen countless Wardens defecting to her side! All it takes is one corrupted Warden and the serums are gone. And I risked my fucking life for nothing." I feel anger growing inside me in reaction to these condescending Wardens who treat me like shit. Without me, in the first place, they wouldn't have the vials at all.

"So what do you suggest? Giving them to you?" the man raises his eyebrows.

"Exactly. If you haven't noticed, I carried them all the way from Bifröst. And besides, there's one person who knows the best what to do with them. And I want to give her the vials personally."

"Are you talking about Tempest?" the woman asks.

I nod. "She deserves it. Her Neoclash partner was the man who invented these serums, and I'm indirectly responsible for his death. Returning the vials where they belong is the only way I can redeem myself."

"He's getting sentimental, we better comply," the man sneers.

At this moment, I stand up and poke his chest with my bionic finger; I have about ten percent of my usual power left, but it's enough to make the Warden step back. "Okay, now listen up, mate," I try to sound as menacing as possible. "If you didn't get it by now, I am the one who snatched these bloody vials from Nightingale's clutches. All I ask for in return is some respect. So let's make it clear - either you stop treating me like shit, or I'll take these vials by force, just like I did a few hours ago."