Chapter XXXIV

FINISHED! YES! 

Vote

Comment

Fan

*****************************

Everywhere I turned it was chaos. I could hear the screams of the younger children from the other side of the campus. As I looked toward my group of friends, they were in just as much shock as I was. We all knew what was going on but, none of us wanted to believe it. Someone had breached the walls of the school ground. Whether it be the rouges that were circling the school or the hunters, we didn’t know. We took all of this in, in seconds before we sprung into action. 

There was nothing going on close to where we were beside everyone running off in all different directions. All I could think of was finding Cain. I didn’t know if he was alright or not. Didn’t know if he was one of the firsts to get in on the action since he had been out on patrol all day. I prayed like hell that he was alright, I wouldn’t be able to handle him getting hurt again. 

“Kaila?!” Mana shouted from behind me. I didn’t stop. “Where are you going?”

I couldn’t answer, I needed to find my mate. I pushed my legs as fast as they could go with one goal in mind; Cain. I could hear someone coming up behind me and I didn’t need to look back to know that it was Mana. Looking back quickly I noticed that Sierra wasn’t with him. It was a bit of a shock since his first priority should be making sure that she was safe. Sierra wasn’t the type of wolf that would want to get into any type of conflict, no matter what it was. She was just too soft for that, she reminded me of my brother’s mate, Samara. 

“You should be with your mate,” I huffed as I dodged in between the people that I ran past. 

“She with Amy,” he said “Austin didn’t want her in on this and I don’t want Sierra in it either. They went up to the room. Where the hell are you going?”

“I’m going to find my mate,” I growled spotting some rouges up a head. I didn’t know how I knew that they were rouges, it’s not like you could really tell them apart. But, somehow I knew. “Filthy rouges,” I spat 

Mana and I broke off, jumping into the fray. There wasn’t really much to do since there were so many more wolves at the school then there were rogues. I worked with a few of our fellow wolves before continuing on. I knew that I needed to find Cain but, the screams there were coming from the younger children had me heading in that direction. I knew that there were more protectors on that side of the school but, it didn’t sit well with me to know that the younger ones were in trouble. 

‘Dammit, Cain, where are you?’ I thought to myself as I sprinted across the campus with Mana hot on my heels. 

It was crazy insane as we came upon the building that housed the younger children. I was once again shocked, rouges were not the only ones that had breeched the school walls, there were hunters, everywhere. 

“What the hell,” Mana whispered as he came to a stop next to me. 

“No time to think about it,” I said “We’ll worry about it later, let’s go”

As I jumped into the fight amongst our fighters and the hunters and rogues I understood why we had been training with wolves while in our human form. With so much going on at once I couldn’t even concentrate enough on the change. Adrenaline was pumping through my veins, pushing me to fight with everything that I had in me. It irked me though that Mana was taking on most of the opponents that I was going up against. What was it with guys and having to be the best? I wasn’t sure if that’s what he was trying to do but, it sure felt like it.