Life

It was...weird.

"Seems like all your wounds have already healed...That's a relief" Your voice was soft and seemed airy, as if a mere gust of wind could blow it away any moment.

Despite this, he could still see the worry and concern which flashed in your eyes and could be heard from your voice as you poked and prodded his body with gentle hands.

It was almost as if you were afraid of hurting him.

"While I know that your rate of healing is monstrous...I...I still worry for you..." The way your small hands clutched the torn fabric of his top and bit your lip made Ban all the more aware of the fact that he still had so much to make up for.

To have someone care for him as much as you did felt odd, but...not in a bad way.

"I don't know what made King so hostile towards you, but it's still wrong for him to hurt you like that after everything we've gone through!" You were almost shouting now. A stark contrast to your usually cool-headed personality.

Ban had forgotten what it was like to live for someone.

Then again after a decade of imprisonment thinking that the person you treasured the most in the world was gone because of your weakness, he supposed that no one could really blame him for not caring whenever he was hurt or injured.

He would always heal anyway.

With your shoulders slumped down, you leaned your head against the former bandit's smooth, unblemished chest and sighed "I just got...I just got you back and I don't want to lose you ever again..."

The Sin of Greed didn't have to think twice about what he needed to do.

Arms wrapped snugly around your smaller form, Ban held you as if his life depended on it.

As if he wasn't going to ever let you go.

"And you won't. You won't ever lose me again. I'm never going to let my girl down ever again, you hear that?"

He'd lost Elaine years ago because of his powerlessness and he knows that he'll carry that sin for the rest of his immortal life.

But you?

You are the best thing to happen in his life despite all the sins he'd committed.

Nothing could ever make him leave you, nor would he allow anything or anyone to take you away from him.

As you showed him that radiant smile he loved, Ban knew that this time he had to actually get his whole life together.

For you.