Vow

"Thought I'd let ya down, didn't cha? I may be a screw-up, but there's no way I'd ever let my girl down ever again" Ban's fanged grin obscured your view of the others, not that you minded, as he scooped you into his toned arms.

Despite the ten years that have passed since he'd last carried you like this, the sin of greed still had no trouble cradling you in his arms as if you were a princess in those stories you read as a child.

The combined warmth of his body and the steady thumping of his heart calmed you, chasing away the demons that constantly plagued your mind even just for a moment.

"I never doubted you for a second, Ban" You beamed at him, unaware of the heat that settled on your cheeks.

Pressing your face into his chiseled chest unabashedly along with your palms, you allowed yourself a moment of respite after a decade of running and fighting all to take back everything you'd lost.

Had it really been that long since you'd been held like this?

You missed this...

But most of all, you missed Ban...

Seeing you so relaxed like this actually relieved said thief, because it gave him time to fully accept the fact that while he wallowed in his own self-pity within the dungeon, you had to grow up all on your own and learned how to fight just to bust him out.

He had failed you back then, but not anymore.

Ban buried his face into the soft locks at the top of your head, a silent vow was made.

Neither of you took notice of the ground that was swiftly closing in, nor the eyes of all your other friends, knowing looks present on their faces.