Weirdo

"THIS AIN'T SOME SORTA TEA PARTY! DON'T GO TARNISHING THIS TOURNAMENT'S DIGNITY!"

"...I don't know what you're talking about..."

The burly brute grunted, nostrils flaring and thick brows furrowing as he regarded you, Meliodas, and King with unconcealed contempt as he held up the two smaller men in one meaty fist.

"I'm sayin' get outta here before you get hurt! This tournament ain't the place for a buncha snot-nosed brats and a lil' girl to play tag at!"

Your eyes narrowed at the insult, fingers twitching and flexing as if itching to graspandripandtear-

"C'mon now. This is a festival, so who cares if someone's an adult or a kid? Let's all just have fun, aye?" A smiling young man with dark blond hair placed a hand on the massive arm that clutched Meliodas. Despite how he was dwarfed by the scowling male, there was no fear to be found in his expression or aura.

Bright, mauve-colored eyes met yours, followed by a wink as the corner of his lips quirked upwards. "If you ask me, being able to see at least one pretty face in a sea of ugly mugs is a blessing!"

Spending years away from normal society and regular human interaction had severely stunted your social skills, almost to the point of your older brother's, to the point that you honestly don't know how to respond to the unknown man's...compliment?

It was a compliment...right?

Regardless of what it was, his words seemed to do the trick as the disgruntled brute simply released your friends and huffed, going away to possibly harass some other poor festival-goer.

"What's goin' on here?"

Ban's voice broke the awkward silence left by the departure of the two men as his long legs allowed him to almost immediately return to his spot by you after finishing up with your respective entries to the tournament. He'd spotted the commotion from the corner of his eyes.

The wink directed at you hadn't escaped his notice either.

Unable to answer his question because you honestly had no idea either, you simply shrugged.

"Nothing much. Some weirdo just tried to start a fight with us, but then a nicer weirdo arrived to stop him and called our little chicky cute," answered the ever-helpful Meliodas.

.

.

.

"WHAT-"