Greed

“You haven’t changed a bit

.

.

.

You don’t care about what happens to anyone who gets in the way of your pursuit of greed”

Those words rang louder than any shout and pierced his heart with more efficacy than any blade. Even as his whole body was swiftly petrified from the bottom up, not a single sound escaped his lips as he lost himself in a world of memories he tried so hard to forget.

Memories of anger

Memories of sadness

Memories of regret

Anger at not being able to protect the one person who accepted, cared, and loved him when he couldn’t do the same for himself.

Sadness at all the time lost and moments they could have shared.

Regret for not cherishing her as he should have before fate decided to take her away as if to spite him yet again.

Ban had so many regrets in his life, but if there was one thing he regretted the most…it was not caring enough for the one he treasured the most above everyone else.

But…now he was given another chance.

A chance where his greed could actually be his salvation.

Because his salvation…his redemption lied with her and her alone now.

As the petrification reversed, scarlet orbs met with honey-colored ones and a small smile graced his lips.

“Yo…Elaine”