Part 7

Everyone got to work then. They got all the food left on Thriller Bark on deck of the Thousand Sunny. Chopper filled his first aid kit up cause there was more than enough lying around in Hogback's laboratory. Franky and Usopp collected material for eventual damages on the Sunny and took them into a room under deck. Sanji was busy preparing lunch and Robin was at Zoro's side. Nami and Luffy were showing Brook around after they came back. They went by the room where Zoro and Robin were and greeted them until disappearing to another room.
"Seems like we have a new nakama", Robin told Zoro "you will grow to like him. He told us about an old friend of his that he promised to visit and Luffy told me you have met him too. His name's LaBoum. Brook seemed so happy to know that you have seen him. He has big dreams, like you do". She smiled down at the green haired man. He looked so broken with all those bandages around his body. Actually he reminded her a lot of the zombies they met here in Thriller Bark and that was a thought that scared her. And Robin wasn't someone that got scared that easily, not anymore. Not after everything that's happened to her.
"I know you didn't like me at first and I can't blame you for that. I wasn't very trustworthy. But I had no other chance. After my hometown was destroyed and everyone I loved was killed I really couldn't trust anyone and I grew cold. So cold that no one could trust me. And you were right not to at first. Still I know that after some time you started tolerating me around. Mostly because you respected Luffy's decision to let me into the crew but also because you noticed that you could trust me. I knew from the very beginning that everyone in this crew could trust you with their lifes and it seems like you took that very serious. You gave yours for ours and that's a price you shouldn't have to pay. You tried to protect me once, from Kuzan and it got you into so much danger. From this day on I knew that I was accepted, because you were willing to fight for me. You have never said it out loud but I knew that from that day on we were friends. You and the others saved my life in Enies Lobby and now you are in a coma because you protected us. And I am sitting here not able to do anything. But let me tell you that I miss you, Zoro. Please wake up, I can't lose any more people I care about", a single tear fell down on Zoro's shirt "I wish I had told you this when you were awake. I am glad that you always watched out for us. Even if that was the reason you distrusted me at first. It is the reason all of us are still standing and I am very grateful for that. It's something I never had in my life and it makes me feel like I have a family again".
She lay her hand on his as another tear fell.
"Thank you, Zoro", she smiled down at him. Suddenly she looked from his face down to her hand lying on his. Zoro had closed his hand, only slightly, but he had moved it. "Chopper come in here now!", she yelled and not only Chopper but the whole crew followed inside.
"What is wrong?", Chopper asked anxiously that something might have happened to Zoro.
"He moved!", she exclaimed and all eyes landed on Zoro "he tried to grab my hand. I swear, I didn't imagine it. I talked to him and he tried to hold on to my hand".
"That's a good sign", Chopper smiled "did you talk to him?"
"Yes I did", Robin nodded "I thanked him for...protecting me from Kuzan back on that island".
Robin remembered she couldn't tell the whole truth so she sticked to parts of it.
"I told you he could hear us", Franky said to Sanji who looked stunned at this whole scenario.
"We should all talk to him. Whoever is with him, just tell him about what happens with the crew or your memories or anything at all. We need to keep his mind occupued so he won't give up", Robin told the rest of the crew.
"That's a good idea. Maybe I should tell him that if he won't wake up Nami will deliver his body to the marine and get his bounty. I bet that would get him awake", Usopp joked.
"Ouch", Robin yelled in pain as Zoro was making a fist. Obviously he heard that and isn't at all amused about Usopp's story.
"He is moving again", Chopper exclaimed happily "although I have to tell you that this might also be partly from the adrenaline still present in his body. Nevertheless this is a really good sign. Zoro can hear us and he reacts and we have to do anything to get him conscious again".
"We will get him to wake up!", Luffy exclaimed smiling wide and everyone cheered. "Though we have to get a routine for his watch. For example Nami can't spent a lot of the day by his side cause she needs to navigate the ship. Same goes for Sanji who is in the kitchen most of the day. Brook takes watches at night which is really helpful. Usopp usually takes the day watches so he has to sleep at night and can only take small watches for Zoro", Chopper exclaimed.
"I can stay with him most of the day", Luffy said smiling "you just call me when you need me".
"Me and Franky can take day shifts too", Robin said.
"If Nami watches him some hours after dinner I can stay with him the rest of the night", Sanji offered.
"I will come by every few hours to do check ups on him anyway", Chopper added "so this is the plan then".