Part 1

"What happened here?", Sanji asked jaw dropped and cigarette fallen to the ground.
"Nothing happened here", Zoro grit out between his clenched teeth. Sanji could see in how much pain he was. "Why did you do that you stupid marimo?", Sanji yelled at him. He was so angry at Zoro.
"I told you not to get into my fight", Zoro spat and coughed up blood as he did so. Sanji was taken aback by his condition, Zoro wasn't one who got worked up so quickly.
"I just tried to help you, marimo", he defended his actions as he got his senses back "you were just playing with your life. I tried to save you!" "What do you think I did?!", Zoro screamed at him and fell to his knees cause the action caused him so much pain "You were already half dead when you showed up in front of Kuma. Do you really think you could have stood up against him in your condition. I have seen you fight so many times but you were really worked up. You couldn't have stood up against him. Neither of us could have survived it. I did all of this to save you".
"What did you do exactly?", Sanji asked cautiously this time. He was afraid of the answer. Afraid of how far Zoro might have gone to protect his nakama.
"It doesn't matter", Zoro smirked weakly "you are safe now and that is all that matters".
"You said none of us could have stood up against him", Sanji murmured "how come you have survived?"
Sanji looked at him intendly and with all power left inside his very weak body Zoro looked up at him and right into Sanji's eyes.
"I didn't think I would survive", Zoro smirked at him and the words hit Sanji's heart like a knife "I am not sure I will".
With those words said Zoro dropped to the ground into a puddle of his own blood. Sanji couldn't move at first. Zoro's words ran through his head time and time again. Zoro was ready to die to protect them. And as much as he might hate to admit it this truth hurt more than anything ever in his life. Maybe it was due to the fact that Zoro had saved Sanji from signing his own death sentence when he knocked him out to sacrifice himself to Bartholomew Kuma. But somehow Sanji knew that this wasn't the reason why he was feeling like that. He felt like someone had punched right inside of him and took his heart out of his body just to smash it right in front of him. Seeing Zoro like that and knowing that he knew how he would end up was tearing Sanji apart. He had saved them all full on knowing that he would die. If he hadn't knocked him out it would be Sanji laying there probably not breathing anymore. And Sanji had been mad at him, asked him what he was doing. When he had blacked out all he thought about was how that stupid swordsman could even dare to hurt him. They were nakama after all. And it turned out that while Sanji was questioning Zoro's loyalty, he did everything, he gave his own life just to prove exactly that. Sanji still stood frozen and looked down at the motionless figure on the ground. He couldn't let Zoro die like this, no... he couldn't let Zoro die at all. Sanji willed every little muscle inside his own body to move, to listen to what his brain was telling his body to do and slowly his body got the message and started moving towards the green haired man on the floor. Sanji needed to get him to Chopper as soon as possible but he couldn't risk to cause any more damage to the already bleeding body so he tried to move him as carefully as he could. He slowly rolled him over so that Zoro was lying on his back and looking up to the sky that is if his eyes had been open. Sanji panicked when he saw that his eyes were closed and shakily lifted two fingers to Zoro's pulse point. He prayed to any god there might be in this world that he would feel a pulse. He inhaled a shaky breath and put his fingers on Zoro's throat. His heart nearly stopped but then he felt it. It was weak, very weak, but it was present. Zoro's heart was still beating. Adrenaline rushed through Sanji's body and he picked Zoro up carefully until he was in his arms bridal style. Sanji was still weak on his legs but he focused all his power on putting one foot in front of the other to get Zoro away from here. While he was walking with Zoro in his arms he thought about what happened. He knew that Zoro wanted to take Luffy's place just as Sanji wanted to take Zoro's place. But if Zoro had taken Luffy's place why hadn't Bartholomew Kuma taken him to the marine base? Had he thought Zoro was dead? Or did he know that he would die just as Zoro said he would? Sanji needed to find out what had happened after Zoro had knocked him out. He was determined on finding out he just needed to find someone that had seen what had been going down. That might be a harder task at hand as he thought it would be but he needed to know. He slowly dragged them up the way to the ruins that were left of Thriller Bark until he could see the rest of their crew. "Chopper", he yelled as loud as his voice could get at this moment "Zoro...Zoro needs you".
With that Sanji broke down with Zoro on top of him. Chopper along with the rest of the crew ran over to them. Franky picked Zoro up and carried him inside the only building standing as Sanji stood up and explained everything to Chopper on the way inside.