People to see and Stories to tell...

Hugo asked to talk with Sebastian in private. Jocelyn had protested at first but Sebastian had promised to fill her in afterwards. So she made her way back down the fire escape, inside the club and up the stairs to her room. She locked the door behind her and noticed something was different about the place. On the bed lay a parcel wrapped in brown paper and tied with a black ribbon. Tucked under the bow was an envelope, she opened it and pulled out the note, it read:

I thought you could use these, you may be staying a while. Enjoy.

Sincerely your friend

Hugo

The parcel was twice the size of Jocelyn's lap when she sat on the bed and unwrapped it. Inside lay two pairs of black jeans, one grey singlet, one dark blue singlet, one red singlet, stylish (but practical) black leather combat boots, a black leather jacket, some underwear and other toiletries. Jocelyn appreciated the clothes, but wondered how they had gotten there. Hugo couldn't have delivered these himself, he was in his office, although he did slip away when she went to go dance with the werewolf boy...... It didn't really matter, he owned the place after all.

Jocelyn got off the bed and headed to the bathroom, she undressed and showered. The warm water was comforting and calmed her down. When she was finished she dressed in black jeans, the dark blue singlet and towel dried her hair. After five minutes of this she decided it was taking to long and dried her hair with a charm she learned when she was five. She took a hair brush from the parcel and ran it through her hair.

After putting her hair into a high ponytail, she slipped on the boots and tried on the jacket, in front of the bathroom mirror.They both fit perfectly and there was room for them to fit for a couple of years. The boots were lace-up, they reached just below her knees and had a small heel, making them look stylish and suitable for running. Which in her case, couldn't hurt. She figured out she could roll up the shleves and buckle them in place wherever she wanted, so she fastened them above her elbows. The inside was so nice and warm that Jocelyn didn't take it off. The thing she loved most about the boots was the way they fitted so nicely on her legs.

There was a knock at the door. She walked over to the door and opened it, to see Sebastian standing outside, holding a dagger and a thick book. He wore a black denim jacket over his t-shirt and must have brushed his hair before knocking, it no longer stuck up in funny places. He smiled and his purple eyes seemed to glitter.

"Love the jacket" Sebastian said as Jocelyn stepped aside and let him enter.

"Thanks, Hugo gave me a parcel with clothes and stuff" they stood face to face.

Sebastian looked at her for a moment then held up the book and dagger to her "Here's something to protect you and a book of combat, defensive and healing spells. I thought you might need them if something happens again." She took the dagger and spell book. The book was bound in red leather and the dagger was sheathed in black leather, with a removable belt strap, giving the user an option to carry it in a bag, jacket pocket or around the waist.

"Thank you" Jocelyn removed the belt strap and tucked it into a pocket she found inside her jacket over her heart, she held the book at her side "So... anything I should know?"

"Oh yes" he said "if the Dark Fae are planning something, then we should notify the Fae Court, and seeing as you're a witness you'd need to come as well. On the way back we can make a pit stop at your house, you can get personal items or anything you might need. But you'll need to be able to travel quickly if we need to find another 'safe house' of sorts."

"And what about my mother?"

He shrugged "When we notify the Court they'll ask for our names, your mother will probably be notified about her daughter being at the Fae Council Hall."