Rumour and Rescue

The next morning Jocelyn got ready for school as usual. She tried to push all thoughts of Sebastian Blue aside, but they would always keep coming to mind. She had so many questions about him, but couldn't afford to know the answers, she couldn't focus on that not now, she needed to focus on being a normal teenager and adjusting to this new school and her new friends.

She pulled out the jeans she'd worn the night before, a black singlet, a red button-up flannel shirt and of course her converses. She got dressed, leaving the shirt buttons undone revealing the singlet and rolled the sleeves up to her elbows and rushed down stairs to brush teeth, do hair and eat breakfast before she left for school.

Students chattering voices filled the courtyard and hallways. Jocelyn opened her locker and placed her book bag on the middle shelf, before closing it she took out her phone and tucked it into the back pocket of her jeans. She roamed the halls looking for Taylor or Patrick, as she walked she got the occasional glance or whisper. The other students were starting to really notice the new girl. As she turned a corner she felt her phone vibrate, Jocelyn snatched up her phone and stared at the screen, it was from a blocked number, it read:

Someone is watching you, keep a keen eye and watch your back.

SB

She stood frozen for a moment, before putting it away. She felt vulnerable as she gazed at every student in the hallway. She spun on her heals and walked back the way she'd come.

Who the hell sent that text?! SB... SB, why does that sound so familiar?. She raked her brain for possibilities. Bigger problem. Who the hell is this spy-person? Were they following her now? Jocelyn stop it! Now is not the time to be paranoid! Just stay at school and take a different way home, if someone is watching you then they'll follow you, just remain calm and-

She ran into someone and sent books tumbling to the floor "Jocelyn! There you are!" Taylor exclaimed, she was wearing a white dress today "I was heading to the Library care to join me?" Jocelyn was about to praise Taylor for coming to look for her in her moment of panic, but was interrupted by the first bell for classes.

"Oh well" Taylor said "how about after school?"

Perfect! Jocelyn thought. Then I won't have to worry about my spy following me home for a while.

"Sure." Jocelyn answered enthusiastically "Meet you there after school?"

"Perfect!" Taylor clapped her hands "See you then" and strolled away.

                                                                         .   .   .

Science, English and Art had past by before Jocelyn could even yawn and it was time for lunch. As she wrestled with her books and forced them into her locker, she felt her phone vibrate again in her jean pocket. When her hands were free she scooped it up and looked at the screen, the text was from the same unknown number, it read:

It's someone close to you, you can only trust your brunette friend, I'm not sure about anyone else....

SB

Again?! She thought.

Although at first these texts had freaked her out, Jocelyn got the feeling this person who ever it was, was looking out for her.

Brunette Friend? She asked herself. Ah of course, Taylor. But what does this person mean, 'I'm not sure about the others'? I don't know anyone else at this school but Patrick, Taylor, Cosima and Simon- Jocelyn just calm down and go to lunch, and act normal if you're going to find out who's watching you then you can't let them know, that someone has warned you.... so act normal.