Mother knows best

"Jocelyn?" her mother stared at her "what are you doing? You said you were at Taylor's, and who in the world is this?" she pointed at Sebastian.

"Uh...." Jocelyn climbed back inside, closed the window and turned to face her mum "well Mum, this is Sebastian Blue and-"

"William and Tessa Blue's son?" her mum asked Sebastian. 

He nodded "Nice to meet you."

"Look, Mum I can explain-" Jocelyn's mother cut her off and gestured to one of the lounges. Jocelyn shut her mouth and sat.

Her mum sat across from them, looking stressed and took a deep breath "Jocelyn" she said "why are were you in the living room in pitch black when this is your own home, and why are you not where you told me you'd be?"

"Well" Jocelyn started "it's a long stor-" before she could finish Sebastian stood.

"Please Ms Rose she's done nothing wrong-"

"Sebastian" Jocelyn looked at him "it's okay, I can't keep this from her. I don't think I ever could." Sebastian looked as if he was going to protest but then he just nodded and sat back down.

"Look mum, this started the other night........"

                                                 .                           .                            .               

Her mum pinched the bridge of her nose and sighed before putting her head in her hands "So you're saying that, you've been staying with Hugo Blade of all warlocks above a night club, you've almost been kidnapped twice, and you have reason to believe the Dark Fae are planning to rebel against the Fae Court ?"

"Well...... yes." said Jocelyn.

"Ms Rose, if I may" Sebastian said "both Hugo and I acted in the best interest for Jocelyn's safety."

Jocelyn's mother practically ignored him and stayed focused on her daughter.

"Jocelyn, ever since your father left, I've held the responsibility of protecting you, feeding you, providing for you, and giving you the most normal life possible for a Fae. Now Jocelyn I love you and have always told you to find the path in life that is right for you......... But are you sure this is the path you want to take?"

Jocelyn hesitated. She hadn't give a thought to how this mess could affect her life. Would there be any going back? Any going back to her normal life, with Patrick and Taylor?

If I wanted to... could I back out now? Or am I in to deep? Jocelyn asked herself.

She was silent for a few moments, then sighed before announcing her decision.

"Mum, with whats happening, the kidnappings, the rumours, the strange behaviour, the Dark Fae.... Somehow all of this has something to do with me, and I can't help but feel that I'm meant to a part of this." She stood "You just have to trust me."

Her mother stood as well "Jocelyn I-"

The window behind Jocelyn exploded and the lights went out. The three of them dropped to the ground as the glass showered them. Jocelyn was dazed for a moment. In that moment she heard at least three thumps of shoes on wooden floor boards coming from the window, glass crunching under weight, the shing of blades being removed from sheaths and when she took her hands away from her face, she snapped back into reality.

Lying on her belly, Jocelyn started to slowly army crawl under the coffee table to the other side where her mum lay. Jocelyn could hear the footsteps making there way around the room, some faded to other parts of the house. She was almost on the other side, when someone grabbed her ankle and dragged her out from under the table. The front of the shirt bunched up and exposed her belly to the shards of glass that covered the floor, they cut and scraped against her skin and she cried out.

Once she was out the person stopped pulling her and she felt weight on her back. She squirmed under the weight, she felt hands trying to find her head and find it they did. The person was trying to pull something over her face. A black fabric bag. She was helpless as it was pulled over her head. Next the person tried to shackle her hands, she tugged sharply and got one hand free. Blindly she spread her hand across the floor and found what she felt was a good size piece of glass, and jabbed behind her. She felt something connect with the shard and heard a man's howl of pain.

Jocelyn's other hand was released and she flipped herself onto her back. She shoved the man off her, stood and removed the bag from her head. In the dark she saw the man on the floor groaning and clutching his thigh, it was then she realized she had stabbed him there.

Jocelyn tossed the bag to one side and ran over to the lounge. She grabbed her back-pack and went over to her mum, who was starting to get up.

"Mum, are you okay?" her mum nodded and Jocelyn helped her up.

She looked around her for Sebastian, but he wasn't anywhere to be seen. She heard grunting and shouting coming from the hallway. Jocelyn ran out of the lounge room to find Sebastian wrestling with a Fae and two others closing in. She reached inside her jacket, pulled her knife from it's sheath and ran at one of the Fae. He saw her coming and smiled, a smile that showed white fangs. As she ran closer Jocelyn could see his deathly white skin and bloodthirsty eyes.

Vampire. She realized.

The vampire snarled and ran to meet her. Jocelyn went to slash at him, but he caught her wrist with one hand and grabbed the side of her head with the other. He pushed her head to the side, exposing her neck to rip out her throat. Jocelyn grabbed her dagger with her free hand and slashed it diagonally across his chest. He hissed, let go and she hit him on the nose with the hilt of her dagger. She felt the bone break beneath it and heard a sick snap. The vampire howled and someone grabbed Jocelyn from behind. As she was pulled backwards, she glimpsed Sebastian getting to his feet. 

 Jocelyn struggled against the grip but it was too strong. She had one hand trapped beneath the Fae's arms, so with her free arm she gripped the dagger tighter and cut one of the Fae's arms. He grunted but gripped tighter and continued to drag her backwards, this time lifting her off her feet. As Jocelyn glanced at the cut she saw it heal instantly.

Werewolf...... Great. She continued to cut and scrape him, but it was useless. She cried out in frustration and kicked and struggled the more he dragged her away. 

Then Sebastian ran to her and splayed his hand. A sizzling blue beam of energy shot from his hand and hit the werewolf behind her. Jocelyn was released as she heard the werewolf shriek. She pushed him away and almost ran into Sebastian, his arms encircled her and she heard his gentle voice in her ear.

"Jocelyn, we need to leave. Where's your mum?"

"She's in the lounge room." The arms left her and they were running to the lounge room.

They arrived just in time to see her mum being carried unconscious through the window.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys!

Sorry I haven't updated in a while but here is the next chapter. If you liked it please vote and comment!!!

<3 Sazninjacookie