Yes, the origami chickens have returned.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This chapter was originally just filler because I was away on holiday and couldn't watch any Death Note to continue the story.

I considered leaving it out of the rewrite, but after reading it over I concluded it's just too funny.

Enjoy!

--------

Today we return the 'no' tape to Sakura TV.

Obliviously, we would never dream of complying with Kira's FILTHY ideology and fake news - I mean justice.

Naomi and I are going out for lunch later on. 

I can't even begin to tell you how glad I am to be getting out of this hotel/prison.

Near is in the corner of the room behind a few Mount Everest's of paperwork.

I try to get him to stop with his origami obsession but it's too late.

Before even have the chance to chuck him at a wall, every document has been carefully crafted into an artistic masterpiece of crisp folds and smooth paper.

SO SMOOTH.

His work is beautiful, but that certainly does nothing to prevent L's rage at the little snowflake for messing up his files.

The files aren't important, they're only there in the story to make the room look more realistic so I don't really care.

"You know, I was just starting to find the prospect of working with children bearable..." L grumbles from behind a pile of origami chickens.

I stifle a squeal of laughter, thinking over the whole ordeal as I busy myself unfolding the countless documents from their 'chicken form'.

"I'm just glad to have something to do!" I hum cheerfully, hands working their magic on the crumpled paper.

I set each sheet down on the table and smooth them out with the palm of my hands until L is satisfied with my handy work.

This is tiring...

Maybe I'm not so glad that Near made all these origami chickens, but really it's kinda L's fault for not giving us anything to do.

I sneakily stuff one into my pocket to remind me of this day when I'm old like Watari.

...

Sorry, Watari.

"Hey, First!" comes a casually cheerful voice from the door. "You ready to go?" Naomi asks, unable to not to glue her eyes to the origami chickens.

"Do you like the origami chickens?" I ask my friend, gesturing for her to come over and have a look.

Naomi strides across the room until she reaches the pile of origami chickens. "Was it Nathan?" she immediately guesses.

L looks up at her glumly from his current origami chicken. "You guessed it!"

Both Naomi and I bust out laughing.

I give L a smol hug and wish him luck with unfolding all the files before we abort the 'unfold all the origami chickens' mission and leave the hotel.

Once free of the task force headquarters that is actually just a hotel room we find a small cafe that makes good water.

The water is delicious, as always, and so is my sandwich.

(Favourite sandwich moment)

After the wonderful sandwich, we somehow find ourselves on the topic of the guys in the task force.