It's... Christmas!

It's Christmas tomorrow!

WOOHOO!

This Christmas is going to be great.

But unfortunately, we still have to deal with all of the boring case stuff.

"Everyone, another victim. This one left what appears to be another suicide note." Watari's voice comes through the computer.

"Hm?" L replies, opting for him to continue, "Please, send it to us."

"Gods of death..." he wonders aloud. "L do you know, gods of death..."

"Gods of death?" Mello scoffs, "Kira's gone bonkers."

'Well, that is a possibility..." Near replies in a detached voice, "Mental instability would be a consequence of such power."

"Is he trying to tell us that gods of death exist?" L ponders, staring at the screen, "Listen Watari, tell the police to monitor prison populations closely for the next few days... Kira may use other suicide notes to communicate with us," he requests.

"Understood."

【L】

Merry Christmas!

Near has made decorations.

I watched him and pretended to help.

It was great fun.

Watari is making us Christmas food before he leaves to meet with the task-force.

He and L are discussing the FBI agents who are tailing the Kira suspects.

Right now, L doesn't know anything from me about the case, just to ensure that nothing gets accidentally changed.

L wants tea so I boil the kettle.

It's time to wake Mello up, but I can already hear him yelling at Near.

L sighs wearily and disappears to intervene before it escalates to a big FITE or something dreadful like that.

I follow him.

"I did pay attention!" I hear Mello yell.

I see Near giving Mello a dull look. "Then how come you don't know the stages of a volcanic eruption?"

"Because..." Mello hesitates. "How's that any use to me? Am I gonna be running away from a lava flow thinking to myself, oh, it's alright, next I'M GONNA GET HIT BY CHUNKS OF ROCKS AND SUFFOCATE IN DUST?"

Near scratches his head. "I think the point I was trying to make is that you can't claim you paid attention in geography if you didn't maintain that knowledge."

"I can maintain knowledge! Don't you claim anything about whatever you just said!"

"You didn't take in any of what I just said, discussion concluded." Near smashes his toy trains together with a clatter.

"You're so annoying!" Mello whines, "I can never have a civil conversation with you!"

Near chuckles. "Civil? You know that word?"

"WHAT'S WITH YOU AND QUESTIONING MY KNOWLEDGE!?" Mello kicks the trains with a majestic swing of his leg so that they strike the wall with some snapping sounds.

Near turns from the wreckage to scowl at the furious blonde. "That's the third time in two days, Mello," he says icily.

L goes through to inspect the wall and I am left to finish watching the kettle boil.

The water bubbles like a furious, scalding hurricane.

"L THE WATER HAS BOILED WHAT DO I DOOOOOOO?"