Waffles and pineapple juice on the balcony.

"Stop worrying..." L mutters, tilting his head to send me a bored glance. "I tested you myself, you know everything you need to know to get full marks."

We're in Watari's car on the way to the university entrance exams, and I can't get my mind off how I learnt so much by doing absolutely nothing.

Somehow I understand maths that I had never heard of, I know about countries and events in history that no one has taught me...

I guess that's what to expect when you magically pop into an anime: VERY STRANGE THINGS.

Maybe it was Damian's funny idea of helping me.

If I was the only stupid character (apart from Misa) Light would be suspicious that I existed.

"I'm craving waffles..." I sigh and watch the colourful blossom trees speeding by.

L sighs as well. "Me too."

"Why don't we get waffles afterwards?" I ask him.

L looks like he's considering my intelligent proposal. "Watari can get us waffles," he decides.

"I want to eat them outside."

"Really?" L puts a thumb to his lip. "I want to eat them on my chair..."

I suddenly am hit by a stroke of brilliance. "We can put your chair OUTSIDE!"

L blinks with an unreadable expression. "No."

I glare at him. "You need more sunlight," I scold in a very motherly way.

L just rolls his eyes at me.

"I'm serious! You will suffer from vitamin deficiencies!"

L calculates me for a moment or two. "You're nervous, aren't you?" he deduces.

How did he GUESS?

"No," I lie.

L frowns softly. "You'll do fine, it doesn't matter that much anyway, as long as you get a decent score."

Eventually, we arrive on campus and L holds out a hand to help me out of the fancy black car.

"Good luck both of you, I will be here when you're finished," Watari says cheerfully, before waving us off as we make our way to the main building.

It's a nice university, with large open spaces and a massive fancy old building right at the end of a wide path surrounded by symmetrical trees.

"Are you ready?" L asks in monotone.

I take a deep breath. "One last hug?" I plead.

"No, Lola, no hugs in public. It's very dangerous," L tells me gravely.

I sigh when I realise he's right. "Fine..." I mutter sourly.

L frowns. "Don't be sad, I promise I'll give you a hug when we're back."

"Or I might die."

L smiles and we head inside the building to where the exam will be taking place, most of the students have already arrived and are sitting nervously at their desks.

I take my seat in the row in front of L and begin spinning my pencil on my finger.

I was doing really well until it slipped off and clattered onto the floor.

oH.

I reach to pick it up, but someone beats me to it.

"Oh, thanks," I say, lifting my head up to glance at the person.