Choking and spluttering.

It's been a month since I magically appeared in Death Note, and so far... I've achieved a lot!

I've made sure that L is trusted by the team, and that Light is as suspicious as possible.

I can't let him have a chance to put his sneaky plans into action.

Naomi and I are pretty good friends, Near and Mello are fond of her too.

So is L, but you know how he is with other humans.

We're going to be moving hotels once the wiretaps and all that are set up so that we can monitor them better.

【L】

"Watari, is it ok if I do Lights room?" I ask the old man as we steAlthily break into Light's house.

Watari pauses in the hallway to consider my request.

"Of course, take this bag of sixty-four and make your way up to his room. Please try not to move anything, and if you do put it back where you found it," he decides, handing me one of the small black bags from inside a larger one.

I thank him and dash upstairs like a sneaky ninja.

Wow, Light's house is cool... I can't believe I'm here.

I swing around the bannister and come to a halt at his door.

There's nothing in particular that I want to do here, I'll let these events play out as they should, I have a different idea in mind...

So I just barge in and stick some smol black camera and recorder things to the wall and in random places.

I also manage to touch the death note - while being careful not to blow Lights bedroom up with that petrol he put in his drawer.

The death notebook feels like very cold, hard leather.

OK.

MISSON COMPLETE!

I exit the room, making sure to put the paper back in place to make Light suspicious.

【L】

We've just moved hotels, and I have made a simply glorious discovery.

There is a jar of cookies stashed under my bed (which is also L's bed, and that explains why it's there).

Anyway, I take advantage of the treasure and carry the jar around with with the care and gentleness that you would a newborn child.

L gasps when I enter the living-room.

I almost drop the jar.

I'VE BEEN CAUGHT RED HANDED.

I start stuffing cookies in my mouth as fast as humanly possible.

By the time L reaches me to steal back his cookies I can no longer breathe.

"Freya! You - you stole my cookies!" L makes a grab for the jar.

I choke.

I'M DYING.

Suddenly, something slams into my back with such force I'd have fallen if there wasn't a wall next to me.

Thank you, blessed wall.

"You shouldn't eat so much at one time!" L scolds from behind me, the cookie jar in his hands.

My eyes are watering.

L looks horrified. "Oh... you're not crying, are you?"

I gasp. "No... just," I take some gulps of air. "I was... chocking."