Chapter 68 - Davis pt. 1

VOTE

COMMENT (IT MAKES ME UPDATE QUICKER)

ENJOY

This chapter is dedicated to NiallersPrincess1019 for leaving such awesome comments and making me laugh, which motivated me to keep writing. 

“MACELIN!”

My responses were too slow and I still wasn’t fully aware of what was going on. Everything was still spinning so much. And cold. Something cold had gripped me tightly and was dragging me somewhere. My eyes snapped open trying to search for Jacob, but all I saw were...dogs? I think it was wolves and a lot of them, they were running towards us but the door was closing. When I finally caught up, Cade was shaking me and I was screaming.

“GET AWAY FROM ME!” I struggled against his hold and he stood unmoving.

“Go to your room,” he said shoving me forward. I held onto my wrist where he had been holding me. His eyes were menacing for the first time targeted at me. “Now!”

“No!” I shouted back, “You’re a fucking psycho and a liar! You can’t tell me what to do!”

“Macelin…” There was a tiresome tone in his voice but I paid it no mind. He had no right.

“That’s not my name!”

Cade took a deep breath and looked around, his eyes meeting with the Nicole and the others. “How many are there?”

“I’m not sure… I only saw a few, maybe four of them?” Nicole replied

“Only four of them came here?”

“It’d be ridiculous to think that...there’s more I believe.” Another voiced piped but I didn’t turn around to see who.

“They’ve managed to get Bill though.”

“We’re one down? How many do we have?”

“The other dozen won’t be back til the time of the wedding, Cade… just as you had ordered--”

“How did they even get in?” Cade growled. His question was met with silence but the answer some how seemed clear after a moment and he snarled and roared. I flinched at the animalistic sound.

“Handle this problem, if it becomes necessary to, call the others.” And with that he returned to me and grabbed my arms again. Shit, I should’ve made a run for it while I had the chance. I continued to struggle, but it was no use, he was 10x stronger than me and he was already taking me to the room. There was shouting and...barking? And screaming? Dread just sank into my heart. Jacob… I didn’t know where he was… oh my god.

“What do you want with me?” As Cade walked hurriedly down the hall. I was tripping over my feet, but he continued to drag me anyway.

“You?” He questioned and a grin made way on his face.

“There are far more greater plans for you than these wolves know.”

“And what is that?”

Cade glanced at me, “What do you want some backstory?”

I shrugged, “Well, some explanation would be nice…”

He was just laughing now, “You really are something, Macelin, even in the face of danger you dare try your luck.” He sighed and rolled his eyes, “Oh, well, I suppose I can let you in on the plan...not like you’re going to remember for long. After we kill your friends we’ll just do this over.” My eyebrows knitted together and I tried my best to keep my beating heart calm. “Oh, please don’t do that,” Cade hummed as we turned a corner, “Don’t try to mask that frantic heartbeat of yours. I know you’re just terrified and I just love it.”