Chapter 22 - Now That She's Gone, You Wanna Talk To Me?

When the car stopped moving I jolted awake. So, sue me, I fell asleep!

 "Huh?" I said sleepily.

"We're as far as we can bring you with the car..." I looked out the windows to see we were in the woods, wait were they going to just drop me off here!? Well then...

 I unbuckled my seat belt and pushed open the door, jumping out. Okay that might have not been such a great idea... I collapsed to the floor, doing a face-plant on the forest ground. I pushed my arms out and forced myself up.

 I glanced up and saw Edwardo and Bella walking out gracefully unaware of my blunder.

Well, I’m fine no need to help...

 From what I could see, which was not much, Bella walked through, like she owned the place and Edward followed after. I managed to walk behind them. When they stopped walking, I did also, looking in front of them. Standing there was Sam, Jared, Paul, Embry, and Jacob. Of course Carlisle had called Sam and told them I was coming, strangely enough, they had their number.  When the spotted Edward there was a spark of detest and their eyes and I had to watch curiously as one rolled their lips in a growl.

We were a good ten feet away from them, as if there were some kind of invisible line that he wouldn't cross.

"Bella..." I heard Jacob whisper. I felt crushed. Here I was with a bandages on my ankle and wrist, what Jacob notices is Bella out of the three of us. Seriously, she doesn’t even have a scratch on her! 

I blinked, my eyes stung.

Sam's eyes landed on me and I instantly knew I was screwed. I looked at the ground at the sky, the trees anywhere but Sam. "Macy..." he called in a demanding tone.

I side stepped away from Edward and Bella and waved awkwardly towards Sam. "Uncle Sam....hey...." I grimaced. The stone hard look never left his face. And I wondered how Davis was doing at the moment... He looked at the bandages on my wrist and foot, and glared at Edward.

"What did you do leech? I thought you said you found her unharmed." he growled. I looked up at Edward in confusion. Leech?

"I didn't do anything, we found her in the forest, like that, we actually saved her. She's still breathing, you're welcome." he retorted back. Sam and the others didn't seem convinced, not one bit.

"It’s true..." I muttered. Everyone looked towards me, as If I had said something bad, and I immediately wished I hadn't spoken up.

"And what were you doing in the forest, when I obviously told you to go to your room.." Sam question. I opened my mouth and quickly stopped then I remembered; if I tell Sam, then if-and I mean if he had beaten up Davis like that- then he'd do it again.

"I was exploring..." I lied.

Sam raised an eyebrow and crossed his arms. "The truth."

"...Who says I'm lying..." Well, shoot, I am.

 Sam nodded. "Fine, if you want to be like that, we'll continue this talk inside, follow the guys in the house." He commanded and I obeyed with a sigh.

Paul, Embry, and Jared, looked at me and began walking off. Right, I'm supposed to follow. And I did, leaving only Sam and Jacob behind. From the corner of my eye I could see Bella run up to Jacob giving him a hug. "Hey Jake..." she smiled.

My heart sank as it broke into a million pieces. His face seemed brighten up at the sight of her. I looked over at Edward he held a scowl on his face, and by the looks of it, he wasn't enjoying the scene either.