Chapter 44 - Breakfast and Jasper

Yes, I know, I know, I was supposed to upload yesterday. But sadly, I left my charger at my friend’s house and my laptop died, I had to wait for the next day to get it back. :) At his house now, he says hi.

So here Chapter 44, it’s a bit short and a bit of a filler and a bit short. But next chapter will most definitely have Jacob ;)

Oh, I realized earlier, that Macy hasn't yet met Jasper! :O

________________________________________________________________________________

So I sat in the diner I had sat in before. The place was so wonderfully clean and spotless -- I wondered if anyone actually ate here. I mean, there were never any dirty dishes pilled up anywhere, there were also no dirty cups out either. And if you looked at the glass surface of the table, there were no cup stains--the sheer thought of the fact that I could mess it all up, made me intimidated. I didn't even want to press my fingers on the table in fear that I'd leave smudge marks.

From the corner, I spotted Esme walking to me with the plate stacked high with food. She smiled at me but I didn't return the gesture, my attention was already focused on the food. It had been, I'm sure, almost four days since I'd last eaten some sold food, and right now I was starving!  Esme placed the underneath my nose and on top the table.

The second my eyes got a better view of the food, my mouth began watering. Good god, there was bacon (man I loved bacon), eggs, toasts, pancakes and waffles... Oh just the sheer thought of devouring the food had my stomach gurgling... I swallowed down the salvia that was threatening to escape my lips as looked at Esme.

"Esme?" I began, "Can I adopt you as my mother, and-or chef, for the rest of my life?" I was serious. My mother never made anything like this--well not for me at least... She had always been a terrible cook, and whenever we needed to eat, she'd just order take out...

Esme smiled down at me and laughed as I turned back to my plate and stabbed the pancakes, eggs, and back together. I stuffed the whole thing in my mouth. Goodness, it was so good.

After countless spoons being shoved into my mouth savagely, I was done, and the plate was licked clean to the very speck. I was eating like a starving caveman. That's how hungry I was... I even guzzled down the orange juice like a caveman. And it was until I was done, 'til I took notice to the new faces in the room. My eyes widen and I quickly went to wipe my mouth.

Emmett, Alice, and this unknown person with curly blonde hair. The looked at me and then at the shinning plate on the table. How embarrassing! The must have seen me devouring that food like I'd been starving for years.

"Um...did you guys, want any?" I offered sheepishly. Emmett raised an eyebrow at me and cracked a laugh.

"There doesn't seem to be anything left on that plate..." this only made my cheeks bloom in colour... well, damn... "But thanks for offer, we already ate..." When? It was 6am now, which was crazy early! Did they like, eat at 4am or something?

I sighed, "It's not my fault, though..." I reasoned, "I haven't eaten in four days!"

Emmett rose his hands in defence at my sudden shout. "Hey, I never said it was, lil' Miss Grump..." I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"Hey, where's Seth?" I asked, ultimately changing the topic.

"He's gone back to La Push." A pale faced man besides Alice responded. My eyes darted to him curiously.

He seemed to have inherited the same golden-coloured eyes the Cullen family shared. His hair was styled naturally with his sandy-blond curls and fell just above his forehead, nowhere near his high-cheek bones. When the guy spoke he had such a calm demeanour to his voice, it made me want to relax to the sound. Who was this guy? And why haven't I met him before?

 I furrowed my eyebrows and tilted my head curiously.

“Who are you?” I asked, but of course instead of sounding innocently curious, my question held attitude and I sounded snobbish. I cursed myself mentally, thinking of other ways to ask for this man’s identity without sounding like a complete and utter twat…

There was a slip twitch on the corners of his lips. Alice took the liberty in introducing us. “This is Jasper, you guys didn’t meet the last time you were here…” She looked Jasper and grasped his hand, “And Jasper, you’ve already heard of Macy.”

Jasper nodded, “Yep, a lot too…” He squeezed Alice’s hand and looked back at her with a sweet smile. Aw, that was cute...

I straighten my shoulders, pressed my lips together. And for the short moment I wondered if Jacob was ever going to stop by…

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone else watching the London 2012 Olympics? Or just me...?

Haha, I'm cheering for USA, (because I was born there... O.o I know, it's a total bias...) Canada (because I'm living there, duh... TEAM CANADA :D And we have 5 medals so far, thanks to our fellow Québécois! We've got plongeon 10 mètres synchro, Judo, Haltérophilie 69kg, et Plongon synchro 3 mètres!) Also China(They are on fire!), France and Haiti! :D Whoohoo!

You watching the London 2012 Olympics? And if so, you rooting for anybody?