Chapter 36 - The Mysterious Ring, Seth Clearwater And His Sister

Macy’s POV

I cursed as I felt the rays of the sun shining brightly into my room flooding it with its bright light. The damn nerve. “Go back down sun, nobody loves you…” I grumbled as I turned onto my back and pulled the pillow over my face.

Shifting to my side, I groaned. Why was the mattress to lumpy all of the sudden?

I turned to my back and groaned even more. No matter what I did the bed underneath me felt so uncomfortable. With a frustrated sigh, I sat up and planted my feet onto the floor. “Stupid mattress…” I mumbled as I pulled my pillow away from my face and threw it onto the floor. “Stupid uncomfortable mattress…” I grumbled insulting mattress as if it were real, with actual feelings.

I looked at my window and sighed. “Stupid Sun…” I griped.

With a yawn I stood up and walked over to the window. It was wide open. I furrowed my eyebrows. What the fuck? Did Jacob forget to close it or something? Damn, him! Stupid Jacob leaving my window wide open… I thought bitterly as I pulled the window close. But just as I noticed a bright crimson gleam on my index finger. My eyes widen as I pulled my hand to my face and looked at the golden ring. My mouth lacked. How the hell did this end up on my finger!?

The ring was painted golden and engraved with symbols of all kinds. One huge dark red gem in the middle. It seemed to glow brightly when I looked at it. I pressed my lips together as I raised an eyebrow at this ring.  “How in the world did this get on my finger?” I asked myself again as I tried to think back at any time did I get a ring, but obviously that wasn’t in my memory database.

I sighed, shrugging my shoulder. Oh, well. I ‘ll just take the ring off and come back to it after breakfast. I thought as I gripped the ring with my two fingers. But when I pulled the ring, it didn’t seem to budge. At all. I cursed thoroughly as I tried once more to pull it off.

“What the heck!?” I breathed out as I tried twisting it off, but the stupid piece of crap remained there.

Determined to get the ring off I licked the finger where the ring was on and then pulled the golden colored ring, trying desperately to twist it off. But no use. Meanwhile, unbeknown by me I had been taking a couple steps back until my foot seemed to catch on a piece of clothing which got me stumbling backwards and hitting the floor. My arms snapped back and I swear I heard a cracking sound as it hit the door. “That hurt…” I groaned as I let my head drop back.

With a defeated sigh I lifted my hand up and looked at the ring again, silently cursing it out in my mind. The red gem seemed to sparkle as I held it up in the light, showing my reflection in tiny little mirrors. Now that I looked at it, the crimson gemstone did look familiar. Almost like… the same type of gem from…the locket…Crad gave me. The same that…Jacob took!

Jumping to my feet, I gasped as I made these connections. I brought my hand to my face and squinted my eyes. Was it possible that Crad had given this to me? But as soon as I came up with that thought I slapped myself on the forehead. Crad was thousand and thousands of miles away, Macy, think logically! I snapped at my self.

* Knock * Knock *

“Macy…?”