Chapter 45 - Pick Up

Yeah, I know I was supposed to  upload yesterday, my bad. I completely forgot and went down to the animal shelter again.

This is all Jake :3

So, anyway, ENJOY and VOTE.

:)

Jacob pulled his nose into a scrunch and frowned. The smell was everywhere; on the stairs, the railings, the living room, the door of Bella's room, and even within the room itself. It sickened Jacob to his core. It was enough that Edward had been into Bella's room countless times, but now, there was a new bloodsucker that invited itself into her room. This placed her in danger, and he didn't like that. She was, after all, his friend.

With a final grunt, Jacob turned his back on the room and stomped out and down the stairs. He was done for now.

"Whoever it was," He began as he strided down the footsteps of the house, "he left his funk behind; it'll be hard to miss when we come across it again." He made his way to Edward and Bella and crossed his arms, "So, we'll handle it from here..."

There was something in the way he said it, that made Edward snap. "We don't need you to handle anything..." he pulled his arms around Bella and pulled her to him, "Or anyone."

Jacob remained unaffected by the venom laced in his words and simply rolled his eyes. "I couldn't careless with what you need."

"Well, we're done here!" Edward retorted angrily.

"No!" Jacob took a threatening step forward, "We are not done here!"

"Why don't you go back to your Macy? You don't even know where you belong--"

"You shut up about Macy!" Well past angry, Jacob went to grab Edward by his shirt and pulled his fist back. Edward got ready to return the gesture.

"Stop!" Bella's voice suddenly pierced, the two froze "Stop it you guys!" She stood in-between the two now, "I'm tired of this, from now on I'm Switzerland, ok."

Edward hated the idea of teaming with the wolves, in fact, it sickened him. But he knew it wasn't about rivalry at the moment, it was about keeping the girl he loved safe. Each covering ground for the other; the wolves taking over one shift for them to feed. It would be tricky but it would have to work. Not only were the Wolves helping the Cullens, the Cullens were helping the Wolves. They were helping them with Sam's niece.

Macy had been under their care for almost four days now. Each day, Sam would send one member from his pack to check if she'd woken up but it was always no, until today. Seth had came back from the Cullens and told great news; Macy was awake and she was now eating breakfast.

"Well, why didn't you bring her with?" Embry asked with a simple raised eyebrow.

Seth opened his mouth to speak, but closed it. That was a mark on his behalf. "I forgot?" He reasoned.

Embry wasn't the only one baffled as to why he hadn't just brought her along with him if she had woken up, but he simple sent someone else to bring her back. And it just so happened to be Jacob.

*              *               *              *

Jake's POV

I puffed out my cheeks and sighed. I was now standing in front of the Cullen household. Yeah, great. In normal circumstances I wouldn't have been anywhere near here. But we had called a truce for the wellbeing of Bella, so the Treaty was void at the moment.

"Jacob, hello." Esme greeted me once I entered the house. I nodded towards her in acknowledgement. It was quite before she spoke up again, "Are you here to see, Macy?"