Chapter 61 pt. 1 - Bittersweet Victory

VOTE

COMMENT

ENJOY

---

“Victoria!”

“Victoria!”

“Victoria, help me!” But the red haired vampire did nothing of such. Her plan had gone askew, she had to retreat, return and try again. But she wouldn’t give up, she would be back but this time her plan would be flawless. With one parting look to her pawn piece she used as her one time lover, she went to flee.

But Edward knew better, he would not let her escape. For the safety of his family, his Bella, and his town. He would not allow Victoria to escape. It was now or never.

“Victoria!” Edward snarled, “You won’t get another chance like this again!”

The red hair vixen, who had been hot on her toes, stopped and whipped around. Her fiery hair flew in crisp air as her eyes widen.

“You want her? Well here she is!” The ringing voice of Edward echoed, “You want me to feel the pain you felt when I killed James,” like a stab to the back Victoria twitched, her eyes becoming enraged at the name of her mate. “When I tore him to pieces…” Edward continued, knowing fully well what he was doing, “…When I turned him into ash. When I turned him into nothing.” And that was all it took before Victoria came running down with intent to kill. She was blinded by anger and now her strategic skills were forgotten. She allowed her senses to be taken over by desire to kill.

And that was her mistake, her demise.

*

Bella, Edward, and Seth made their way across the field and towards the gathering of vampire and werewolves alike. The battle was done and won. Carlisle Cullen heaved over a corpse into the fire.

But it all happened so quick, a newborn that seemed to be left over crawled out into the clearing, gaining the attention of Leah.

“Leah, no!” Sam shouted

Instead it was Jacob who had the short end of the stick. The new born wrapped his arms around his torso and just before he could escape the threatening position he squeezed, breaking Jacob’s ribs. The newborn was soon pried off and torn to pieces, but the damage was already done.

Jacob’s animalistic whimpers and snarls turned into anguished cries of pain as his body returned back to him vulnerable form.