Chapter 8 - Jumping

After Davis aruptly left, the rest of the gang continued to the Cliffs. It was silent, but I'd hear some of the guys chatting it up on the side. I sighed, as I slowed down. I pulled my glasses, that I finally was able to get from Paul, and rubbed the lenses against my shirt, trying my best to clean them. Wherever this Cliff  was, it sure is far...

 “C’mon slow poke, don’t just stand there hurry up, you’re like a snail!” I heard Embry call. I rolled my eyes.

"Sure easy for you to say..." I told him and climbed over the inclined dirt. He sighed and ran back over to me.

“C’mon…” he said. I raised an eyebrow. “C’mon what?” I said as I tilted my head back. He grinned.

“Get on my back…”

“Uh…no thanks but I can catch up myself…” I said shaking my head. Embry laughed.

“I doubt it…”

"Ok, I may be like, what you might call a city gal, but I'm no helpless gal, I've climbed up trees, buildings, cars, and rooftops, walking up a hill is a piece of cake...

  "OOOhh!" Embry sang. "You're dangerous huh?" 

*Else Where*

We had already made it to the cliffs, but two were missing

"Hey where's Embry...and Macy?" I asked but the murderous glare I was getting from Davis made me shut my mouth instantly.

"Haha, dude, he's totally hittn' on her..." Paul grinned

"For the last time I don't care...just shut up..."

I couldn't control the creeping grin that was slowly making it way present.

"Yeah keep that smug look on that face of yours and we'll see what happens, Jared." Davis warned me, my laugh turn into a silent cough.

"Dude, c'mon just chill..."

Paul suddenly smirked as he nudged Davis in the side. "Ya know, if you don't want her...I can always have her, show her what a real man looks like..." he said with a devious smirk playing on his lips as he flexed his muscles... I shook my head. From the corner of my eye I could see Davis gritting his teeth together as he glared murderously at Paul.

"Good luck with that, remember she's Sam's niece...he'd crush you before you had a chance.." I noted, they all nodded in agreement. 

Suddenly Paul's muscles flatted as he brought his arms to his sides. "Aha, well...there's that..." he said as he rubbed his chin in wonder. "Man, how are you gonna tell him you imprinted on his niece... man Davis, you're totally screwed..."

"I didn't imprint on her, I think I'd know if I did, which I didn't, so can you stop assuming that!"

"Denial... it's such a terrible thing..."

Macy's POV

"We're here!" He announced with a grin. I peeked out from his shoulder and looked around. I slid off his back and looked at my surroundings. So this is the cliffs? 

"Whoa...This is the cliffs, that's pretty coo-"

"Hey! What was that!?"  I whipped around to see that hard scolding came from Davis.

Embry smiled sheepishly, and shrugged his shoulders. "What was what?" 

Davis held a glare. "You know what I'm talking about... You did that on purpose didn't you?"

Embry threw his hands in the air. "Dude, calm down, I don't know what you're talking about..."

  *               *                   *

 I walked up to the cliff and peeked down. It was a long drop from here. The waves at the bottom seemed quite intimidating.

“BOO!” I jumped at the voice. Nearly tipping over the cliff, I pushed my arms out and balanced my self to the land.

“Watch it, klutzilla…”

Once again Embry.

"What's your deal? I could have fallen!" I scolded and backed away from both him and the Cliff.

Embry laughed and shined his teeth at me before walking to the edge. "This is the correct way to jump, darlin'..." He said without skipping a beat. He pulled at the hem of his shirt and removed it from his body.

"Jump? From the cliff?"

Embry turned to face me. His lips curled crookedly, and his dimples confidently present.

"Yeah," he nodded his head,

  “Catch ya on the flip side!”

I watched as he turned his back to the cliff and let himself drop. My eyes widened and my mouth fell.

"Oh my gosh, that crazy!" I shuffled over to the edge and looked down, just watching Embry hit the water with a shout. He landed perfectly away from the pointed rocks below. Paul stepped forward, then began to charge, thinking he was coming at me my eyes widened in surprise. But then they went back to normal once I realize he wasn't charging towards me, he was heading towards Jared.

Grabbing him surprisingly, he began to drag him back over to the edge of the cliff. “Hey, Paul, Knock it off! It wasn’t funny the first time, and it's not funny the thousandth time…” Jared said as he snatched his arm away scornfully.

“C’mon dude don’t be a prissy..." Paul teased.

 He took Jared’s arm and shoved it behind his back, he stumbled forward. I shook my head. Boys will be boys.

 “Time to take a plunge!” With one swift movement he shoved the struggling Jared over.

He fell with a haunting shout. Paul turned around with a laugh.

"Alright who's next?" Paul looked at me with a questioning look, "Wanna try? I won't push you in..."

I scoffed and stared back at the water again, this cliff was high, the distance between was larger than anything I've either; climbed, riden, or jumped. It was so high, I got tiny shivers behind my neck; how could they so easily jump like that? Last thing I jumped anything that was so high was the top of Nikki's apartment roof. I had tried jumping over the roof tops of Pine View Apartments and into the window of the building as I once had seen Crad doing. It didn't go so well; I ended up with more stitches than countable. I learned my lesson, thats for sure. And during this short stay here I wouldn't like to be stuck in the hostpital for 2 weeks.

I shook my head.

"Yeah... I don't think-"

 "Bawk, Chicken... Bawk, bawk..." he joked, the thing with me is; I don't like doing anything I don't want too. But if you call me chicken, I'd do anything to prove I'm not; I could never say no to challenge. Paul grinned at me and continued.  "Oh, c'mon don't be so chicken--"

"Fine, I'll do it."