Fight

Chapter 9: Fight

"You know, I don't think you're allowed in here." A voice startled me as I jumped and turned around to find Professor Lupin staring at me with a smile on his face.

"Sorry. I was just-"I started.

"Avoiding everyone?" he finished. I nodded. He sighed and sat down next to me.

"I feel like, everyone is going to laugh at me because of what it was. I'm just so embarrassed. I'm not sure if I'm gonna want to see anyone for a while now."

"I know you're embarrassed, but it's nothing to be embarrassed about. It just shows that you care about the people you love. That shows loyalty, not embarrassment. You've been through so much more than most kids. Just remember that. Now, come on." He said, getting up. "You need to get to your dorm before you get in trouble." I set down my remaining food and left with Professor Lupin to go to the Gryffindor common rooms.

Once we got to the Fat Lady, I thanked him and mumbled the password and entered the common room. Most of the Gryffindors were still awake and doing something in the sitting area. I tried to sneak up the stairs with nobody seeing me, but I saw a lot of heads turn towards me as I entered and a few tried to come up to me, but I dodged them and raced up the girls' dorm stairs and got ready to go to bed. I heard the door open and I closed my bed curtains and pretended that I was asleep. I just wasn't ready to face anyone yet.

"Shhh. I think she's asleep." Someone said.

"Let her rest. We'll talk to her tomorrow." Another person said. I still wouldn't be ready to talk to anyone about that. I don't want to have to deal with everyone thinking I'm some baby and laughing at me. I heard the rest of my dorm mates get ready for bed and fall asleep. I stayed awake for a while before finally falling into a troubled sleep.

I gasped and bolted upright from my troubled sleep. I had been dreaming about how the people I saw in my boggart died. I looked outside to see that dawn was approaching. I decided that it would be easier now to avoid everyone if I got up now.

After I had gotten ready, I decided not to take any chances and found my way down to the kitchen again. I had my usual toast and tea before waiting until the last minute to get to Herbology.

The day had slowly dragged by and I had successfully avoided everyone throughout the day. I had lunch in the kitchens again and had no trouble not talking to anyone in Potions. After the final bell of the day rung, I was the first one out the door, trying to find someplace where I could be alone. I decided on the back of the library. I finished my homework in an hour and read a book until it was close to curfew. I then snuck into the dorms and fell asleep before any of the other girls were in there.

I had successfully avoided all of my friends the entire week. I knew that sometime soon I would have to talk to them, because they were becoming smarter and sneakier in trying to corner me and talking to me, but I could see the sympathy and pity in their eyes. I was roaming the halls and making my way to the kitchens when I was knocked over by someone I didn't see.

"Watch where you're going, loser!" the girl said.

"Sorry. I-I didn-" I stuttered.

"Oh, so you don't just need help walking and not running into people, but you also need help speaking like a grown up. Wow, everyone is right. You are a baby." The girl said. I looked up to see the insulting face of Scarlet and her little sister that I had snapped at during the sorting, Julie Evans.

"Freak." Julie muttered as she stepped on my arm as I tried to get up. They walked away, Scarlet wearing a smirk and Julie laughing evilly.

Before I knew what I was doing, I had already pulled out my wand and had already yelled the word, "Furnunculus!" Both of them started breaking out in ugly boils all over their face, arms, and legs. Scarlet pulled out her wand and screamed "Conjunctivitis!" at the same time that Julie yelled, "Stupefy!" I tried to block the spells, but failed as everything went black a few seconds later, but before I blacked out, I saw a robed figure yell something at the girls and run over to me.