Emily's house

Disclaimer: I only own Maddi, Miss Allen, Emily, Julie, and the others from the sorting. The rest of the characters, places, spells, and creatures belong to J.K. Rowling except for Lauren which belongs to tigrisangel

Chapter 2: Emily's house

"Maddi!" someone shouted while opening the door. I grunted and rolled over. "I'm glad you're happy to see your friend. C'mon it's already 10 in the morning!" I cracked open an eye to see a tan skinned girl with wavy black hair down past her shoulders with big puppy dog brown eyes. I smiled and hugged Emily. It had been only two weeks, but I missed her.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Getting you so you can come over to my house for a week. Hurry and pack a bag so we can go!" she shouted. I got up to grab some clothes, but Emily was already stuffing random things in my bag. I rolled my eyes and got dressed. She threw some more random stuff on my side of the room into the bag and ran downstairs. "Be down in 5!" she shouted as she left. I grabbed any extra things I needed and stuffed them into another bag. It hadn't even been 2 minutes when she raced back upstairs. "You've had enough time!" she tugged me down the stairs.

"BYE GUYS!" I yelled as she threw down the Floo powder and yelled her address. I had that weird sensation again. I felt like I was being sucked down a giant drain. We were spinning very fast and there was a loud roaring noise.

Eventually, we slid out of a fireplace and into a giant room. I looked around. Emily was rich! Her couches were made of white leather. There were pictures of Emily and a boy lining one of the walls. Some were moving and some weren't.

"C'mon, we'll go to my room." She led me up two flights of stairs.

We made it to a set of double doors. She pushed them open for me to see what looked like a VERY large master bedroom. One wall was neon green. The one next to it was neon pink. The next one was neon orange and the final one was neon blue. It was very bright, but it made the room so cheerful and eccentric. All around the room were Gryffindor flags, scarves, hats, mittens, banners, and other accessories hanging on the walls. There was a king sized bed with royal blue and dark purple sheets. There were also light blue pillows that had different words on them: Love, Friendship, Hope, and Family. It had a neon green canopy draped around the entire thing. There were two flower cushions at the end of the bed. On the wall opposite of the bed, there was a large, flat-screen TV. There was a large desk that had a laptop, phone, cell phone, and iPod on it. I had seen all of that stuff before, but I had never actually touched one or anything. On one corner of the room, there was a small, fluffy, orange and black leopard print couch and a purple, black, and white zebra print chair next to a red lamp. There was a bookshelf on the wall full of Muggle books hanging above the chairs. There was a white rug that had yellow polka dots on the floor near the seating. There was a splatter painting hanging on the wall with all the colors from the rainbow on there. There were two windows. They both had maroon and gold curtains. There was a walk in closet that was filled with clothes, shoes, purses, make-up, toys, and other stuff.

"Wow," I said awestruck.

"Yeah, my dad inherited a lot of money when my grandpa died, so then we bought this house and got all new furniture." She explained. I nodded. "You can put your stuff in the closet. Unless, you want your own room." She quickly said.

"No, I'm fine with sharing." I told her as I set my bags in the closet.

There was a knock on the door. A woman who looked just like Emily, but older, peeped her head into the door. "Hello, Maddi. I'm Emily's mom, Sarah. Dinner will be in ten minutes. Come down when you're ready." She said as she left.

"Let's go," she sighed.

I followed her down the stairs. "You know we could get down there faster if we just slid down the rail."

"Huh. Never thought of that." She said, making a face.

We made it downstairs and ate a delicious meal of meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and creamed corn. It was really good but nothing compares to Mrs. Weasley's cooking.

"Thanks Mrs. L!" I called as we went back upstairs to watch some movies and hang around before we went to bed.

We ended up watching movies until 2 A. M. when Emily's dad came in and told us to go to bed. We each took a side of the bed and fell asleep right away.

The next morning, I woke up to an owl tapping on one of the windows. I opened it and the owl flew in with a letter tied to its leg. After I untied the letter, it started looking for a treat. "Sorry, I don't have anything." I told it. The owl clicked at me and then flew off. I closed the window and then looked at the clock it was 8 in the morning. Emily was still sleeping.

The letter was addressed to both of us, so I opened it up.

Emily and Maddi,

My grandmum said you could come over today. Emily's parents know where I live, so they will apparate you over here around noon!

See you then!

Neville

Emily started to wake up. She opened one of her eyes and I threw the parchment at her. She groaned, picked up the paper, and read it.

"Are we gonna go?" she asked.

"Yeah," I told her.

"I don't want to get ready!" she cried curling up in a ball and putting her bum in the air.

"I don't care," I told her as I hit her with my pillow. "It's already like 10:30 and I'm hungry." I whined.

I hit her with the pillow again. "I'm getting up," I hit her with the pillow again. "I'm up," she mumbled. "I hit her again with the pillow, but harder. "I'm up! You happy?!" she yelled, sitting up.

She grabbed some clothes and quickly got ready. She dragged me downstairs where the scent of pancakes, waffles, and muffins hit my nose. I smiled.

"Morning Mum," Emily called as we sat down to dig in on our breakfast. It was delicious.

---

It was nearing noon and we were getting ready to leave.

"Let's go, kids!" Emily's dad called.

"How come your mum isn't taking us?" I asked Emily.

"Oh, my mum is doing something with my brother." She shrugged.

We both gripped one of his arms and got ready for what Emily said was a horrible sensation. And, boy was she right.