My Father?

Chapter 18: My Father?

Classes went on almost normal. I saw that the security had gotten tighter. Professor Flitwick was teaching the front doors to recognize a large picture of Sirius Black. Filch was suddenly bustling up and down the corridors, boarding up everything from tiny cracks in the walls to mouse holes. Sir Cadogan had been fired, thankfully. His portrait had been taken back to where it had been before, and the Fat Lady came back. She had been expertly restored, but she was still extremely nervous. She agreed to return to her job, but only with extra protection. A bunch of security trolls had been hired to guard her. They paced in the corridor in menacing groups, talking in grunts and comparing the size of their massive clubs.

People from other houses didn't like me anymore. I was afraid I was going to get in trouble with Mrs. Weasley, but Fred and George had written to her and said that it really wasn't me. So, she wrote me a very nice letter, so did Neville's grandma. There was a Hogsmeade trip as well. Everyone had fun, but Harry almost got in trouble with Snape. Hagrid had a Hippogriff that attacked Malfoy. They went on trial because of it and now Buckbeak was set to execution.

It was Easter vacation now and everyone was loaded with homework. A lot of people were buzzing for the Quidditch cup game against Gryffindor and Slytherin. The Slytherins were beating up the Gryffindors and vice versa. They didn't want the game to be fair.

All usual pursuits were abandoned in the Gryffindor common room the night before the match. Even Hermione and I had put down our books. It was hard to concentrate.

There was a great deal of noise. Fred and George were dealing with pressure by being louder and more exuberant than ever. Oliver Wood was crouched over a model of a Quidditch field in the corner, prodding little figures across it with his was and muttering to himself. Angelina, Alicia, and Katie were laughing at Fred and George's jokes. Everyone seemed to be pretty calm.

The next morning, the Gryffindor team entered the Great Hall with enormous applause. The team was grinning broadly. Quickly, the room cleared out to go watch the game. I followed Neville, Emily, and Mikayla out to the field. Ginny had saved us spots.

"And here are the Gryffindors!" yelled Lee Jordan, who was acting as a commentator as usual. "Potter, Bell, Johnson, Spinner, Weasley, Weasley, and Wood. Widely acknowledged as the best team Hogwarts has seen in a good few years-"

Lee's comments were drowned by a tide of "boos" from the Slytherin end.

"And here comes the Slytherin team, led by Captain Flint. He's made some changes in the lineup and seems to be going for size rather than skill-"

More boos from the Slytherin crowd. Lee did have a point. Malfoy was easily the smallest person on the Slytherin team; the rest of them were enormous.

"Captains, shake hands!" said Madame Hooch. Flint and Wood approached each other and grasped each other's hand very tightly. "Mount your brooms!" She said. "Three...two...one..."

The sound of her whistle was lost in the roar from the crowd as fourteen brooms rose into the air.

"And it's Gryffindor in possession, Alicia Spinnet of Gryffindor with the Quaffle, heading straight for the Slytherin goal post, looking good, Alicia! Argh, no-Quaffle intercepted by Warrington, Warrington of Slytherin tearing up the field-WHAM!!-nice Bludger work there George Weasley, Warrington drops the Quaffle, it's caught by-Johnson, Gryffindor back in possession, come one, Angelina-nice swerve around Montague-duck. Angelina, that's a Bludger!-SHE SCORES! TEN-ZERO TO GRYFFINDOR!"

Angelina punched the air as she soared around the end of the field; the sea of scarlet screaming in delight-

"OUCH!"

Angelina was nearly thrown from her broom as Marcus Flint went smashing into her. "Sorry!" said Flinch as the crowd below booed. "Sorry, didn't see her!"

A moment later, Fred chucked his Beater's club at the back of Flint's head. His nose smashed into the handle of his broom and began to bleed. I thought that was pretty funny.

"That will do!" shrieked Madam Hooch, zooming between them. "Penalty shot to Gryffindor for an unprovoked attack on their Chaser! Penalty shot to Slytherin for deliberate damage to their Chaser!"

"Come off it, Miss!" howled Fred, but Madam Hooch blew her whistle and Alicia flew forward to take the penalty.

"Come on, Alicia!" yelled Ginny and Neville into the silence that had descended on the crowd.

"YES! SHE'S BEATEN THE KEEPER!!! TWENTY-ZERO TO GRYFFINDOR!"

The game continued with a Slytherin Chaser grabbing Katie's head and her scoring her penalty shot. The score was now fifty-ten. Fred and George were swooping around her, clubs raised, in case any Slytherins were thinking of revenge. Bole and Derrick, the Slytherin Beaters, took advantage of their absence. They aimed both Bludgers at Wood; they caught him in the stomach, one after the other, and he rolled over in the air, clutching his broom, completely winded.

Madam Hooch and the rest of the Gryffindors were beside themselves.

"YOU DO NOT ATTACK THE KEEPER UNLESS THE QUAFFLE IS WITHIN THE SCORING AREA!" she shrieked at Bole and Derrick. "Gryffindor penalty!" The game continued on with penalties and shouting from both sides.

In the end, Harry caught the Snitch causing the stadium to explode. He soared high above the crowd with the Snitch in his fist. Wood came speeding towards him. He seized Harry around the neck and sobbed onto his shoulder. Fred and George joined soon after, then Angelina, Alicia, and Katie. The team was given the Cup, which McGonagall proudly took.

The celebration seemed to last about a week. Everyone was so happy that Slytherin didn't win. It was now June and we had all of the exams. I was studying more than ever. I decided to take a nap before supper, because I was so tired.

Harry, Ron, and Hermione were all crowding behind giant pumpkins behind Hagrid's house. There seemed to be a man with an axe and the Minister standing in front of the pumpkins. The man with the axe swung his axe down on a pumpkin and walked inside with the Minister. Hermione, Ron, and Harry slowly made their way back up to Hogwarts. There seemed to be something struggling in Ron's pocket. Ron's rat bounded out of his pocket, and he took off after it. A black dog came and grabbed Ron's leg with its mouth. A cat stepped on this knot on the Weeping Willow and it stopped moving. They went down this tunnel thing. Ron was dragged up a flight of stair and into a dusty room. The last thing I saw was the black dog turning into the man from my dreams.

Sirius Black.

He was my father.

I woke up gasping for air. What do I do now?