Unfair fight

Chapter 12: Unfair Fight

Professor Dumbledore cautiously took me through the Great Hall, making sure no students were awake beforehand. We went through the many twist and turns before we finally reached his office. I looked around, afraid something was going to pop out at me. But before I even knew what I was doing, my feet carried me into his office. He sat down behind the desk in a professional manner. He gave me a look as if to tell me to explain. I started from the beginning, not leaving out a single detail.

After I had fished, I looked into his eyes. "Sir?"

"Yes, Miss Fairchild?"

"What's wrong with me? How can I see all this stuff before it happens? Why can I see it?" I asked, getting straight to the point.

"I'm afraid that is a story for another time on another day."

"But-"

"You'll find out in due time. Don't worry," he assured me.

The next few days went by pretty fast. The only thing the entire school seemed to be talking about was Sirius Black. Everyone was making up crazy theories on how he got into the castle. Some of them said that he apparated into the castle, which if they had read "Hogwarts: A History," they would know that it is impossible to apparate within school grounds. The Fat Lady's canvas was taken down and replaced by a knight who was extremely annoying. He wouldn't let anybody in without challenging them to a duel first. He also made up new and challenging passwords every other day. Neville got so confused that he just started writing down the passwords or following me around and going to the tower when I did so he could be assured that he could get in.

Professor McGonagall and Snape were watching me pretty close now, which only made me wonder even more about what was wrong with me even more.

Today was the day. I woke up Saturday morning to see that it looked exactally like it did on my dream. Nervously, I gulped as I got ready for the day. I was afraid that what I dreamed was true, that somebody would get hurt. Seeing as nobody else was left in our dorm, I walked downstairs to go out for breakfast.

I was almost to the Great Hall when two hands pushed me down from behind. I fell to the ground as I looked up to see Scarlet and Julie Evans, second and third year Ravenclaws who simply just hated my guts, smirking up at me.

"You should really be more careful." Julie spat at me. I just stared up at her. I had forgotten my wand up in my dorm, because I was going to go back up there before the game. I hoped they wouldn't do anything because it's not allowed and when you are in a duel, it has to start out atleast a little fair.

"It wasn't very nice for you to get us in trouble like that." Scarlet growled, drawing out her wand and taking a step closer to me. I started shaking uncontrollably as I saw Scarlet start forming the name of a spell I didn't know. A beam of blue light flashed towards me, and I couldn't move or see anything. I tried to scream, but my mouth seemed to be glued closed.

"Just so you don't tattle again," I heard somebody whispered. The next thing I knew, my mind went fuzzy and I had no idea what was going on.

I fell into darkness as I heard footsteps running away and the loud noise of other people venturing towards my frozen and now unconscious body.