We Won

Chapter 3: We Won

We made it to Neville's. It was a small cottage house. There was a tall, thin, bony, old woman tending to a garden up front. We walked up to the house with Emily's dad. He greeted the old woman while we walked up to the door of the cottage. Before either of us could knock, the door flew open and our eyes met with a very familiar pair of warm, brown eyes.

"Hello!" he smiled at us, leading us through the door and into his room. It was averaged sized. The white walls were covered with Gryffindor apparel and Quidditch posters. It was plain and simple, but nice.

We sat, joked around and played Exploding Snap and Wizard Chess for a couple hours. A shout from downstairs told us that it was time to go. We all groaned and cleaned up our mess and went downstairs to be greeted by Emily's dad, Mrs. Longbottom, and Mrs. Weasley. I was confused at why she was here because I was supposed to stay all week with Emily.

Emily's dad smiled at us and held out his arm to Emily.

"There's been a change of plans, so you will be coming back to the Burrow instead of to Emily's house. I've already gathered your things. Let's go." Mrs. Weasley said, beaming.

"Thanks for coming over, girls. And congratulations to you and Arthur, Molly." Mrs. Longbottom said.

"Bye Neville. Bye Emily." I gave them a half-wave. The said their good-byes back to me and the sickening sensation of being pulled into a tube overwhelmed me again as we apparated back to the Burrow.

She didn't explain anything, but she ushered me inside to be met with more confused looks from the rest of the Weasley children. Mr. and Mrs. Weasley looked like they couldn't contain themselves.

"Kids," Mrs. Weasley said, looking at all of us. "We won the Grand Prize Galleon Drawing!" Fred, George, Ron, and Ginny all cheered and whooped while I sat there still confused. "Pack your bags. We're going to Egypt to visit your brother. Charlie's going to meet us there." Everyone was grinning and looked super excited. I followed Ginny into what was now our room.

"What's the Grand Prize Galleon Drawing? Who's Charlie?" I asked Ginny as soon as we both got into the room.

"The Grand Prize Galleon Drawing is a drawing the Ministry has. If your name gets drawn, you win lots and lots of galleons. I don't know how much we won, but it has to be a lot if we get to go to Egypt!" she squealed. "Charlie is my older brother. He works with dragons in Romania."

"Then why are we going to Egypt?" I was so confused.

"My oldest brother, Bill, works as a curse breaker in the Gringotts bank there."

"So how many other brothers do you have?"

She sighed as she set down the shirts she was struggling to fold. "Bill is the oldest brother. After him is Charlie. After him is Percy. Next, are Fred and George. Then, it's Ron and lastly, there's me. The youngest and only girl for a long time." I nodded. She tried to fold a shirt, but then threw it down shortly after. "I wish I knew how to do the Pack Spell so I wouldn't have to fold these, but then Mum would probably go ballistic if we were using magic for selfish purposes instead of just homework like she made us promise."

I grinned at her. "I never had to make any promise. And, it just so happens that I know how to do the spell." She grinned at me.

"I love you! Thank you! Thank you!" she cried hugging me.

"Who said I was going to use it for you. I was planning on just doing it for myself." I said sarcastically.

She grinned. "And that's why you're my favorite."

"Yeah, that's why you knocked me out and chucked me down a dark Chamber under the lake." I joked. She half-heartedly laughed. That was the first time either of us had brought up what happened. Ever since that night, we became closer even though we may not have known it.

"Yeah, sorry about that." She mumbled.

"It's fine," I told her. "What you should really be sorry for is not being there when I needed help with my homework." I laughed.

"Next year, I'm gonna give you a run for your money for being top of the class. You may have done it this year, but just wait. You better study. You're gonna need all the help you can get." She giggled. I rolled my eyes and grabbed my wand.

I first pointed my wand at our clothes and other necessities that were scattered around the room. I muttered the spell and the items magically flew over to our open trunks, folded themselves, and placed themselves in the correct places. Once all of the packing was done, the trunks' lids closed by themselves.

"That's perfect! Thanks, Maddi!" Ginny squealed, going to pick hers up to carry it downstairs. She dropped it right away. "Oomph! That's a little heavier than I thought it would be." She looked at the trunk, then at me and smiled. I groaned, but placed the enlightenment charm on her trunk and on mine. I put my wand in my trunk and then we went to go outside, but our exit was blocked by someone. Or maybe it was two someones. I inwardly groaned.

Great.