Christmas

Chapter 16: Christmas

Everything had been pretty normal for the past month. The only really "big" thing that happened was that Ravenclaw killed Hufflepuff at the Quidditch match at the end of November. They didn't like literally kill them, but they won by a lot. Because of that, Gryffindor weren't out of the running to win. About two weeks before Christmas break, everyone was buzzing with Christmas spirit. Professor Flitwick had already decorated his classroom with shimmering lights that turned out to be actual fluttering fairies. Everyone was talking about what they were doing for their Christmas holidays. I still wasn't sure what I wanted to do. Harry, Ron, Lauren, and Hermione were all staying, but Ginny, Fred, George, and Percy were all leaving to go back to the Burrow. I decided that I should stay so I could go to the library to do homework. Snape had given us a 2 feet long assignment on the effects of the wolfsbane potion. Hermione told me that they did it in their first year which really made me question these teacher's lesson plans.

I woke up early on the day where everyone was leaving for the holidays. All of the girls in my dorm were still asleep, but I knew they would have to be getting up soon, so I decided to get them up.

"EMILY! GINNY! MIKAYLA! GET YOUR ARSES UP!" I screamed at the top of my lungs as I jumped on all of their beds. Once I made it to Mikayla's bed, which was farthest from mine, my feet were pulled out from under me. "Well, someone is cranky today," I mumbled. She just glared at me, but then started laughing. I was tangled in her sheets, and I couldn't get out. Soon, all of the girls were laughing at me. I finally untangled myself from the covers and playfully glared at all of the girls. I looked at Mikayla. Her hair was now dyed a brighter shade of royal blue. "When did that happen?" I asked, tugging lightly on her hair.

"Last night, Ginny helped me re-dye it." She smiled proudly.

"I like it!" I grinned. It did look super cute on her. "You guys need to leave in like two hours, so be ready!" I told them.

"Yes ma'am!" Emily yelled back. I laughed as I help them finish their packing.

"Oh! I almost forgot!" I hit myself in the head as I grabbed their presents out of my trunk. "Happy Early Christmas!" I handed them each their presents. I had Fred pick up their favorite candy while he was in Hogsmeade, even though he said he could help me sneak in, which I politely declined. I also got them all friendship necklaces. Ginny got a purple one, Mikayla got blue, Emily got pink, and I had a matching orange one. They all hugged and thanked me. Ginny handed me a few packages of Chocolate Frogs and a blue knitted scarf. I hugged and thanked her. Mikayla gave me a book and some Bertie Bott's Every Flavored Candied Beans. I thanked her as well. They grabbed their trunks and hugged me goodbye and walked out the door.

Emily grabbed my arm and took me to her trunk. "I've been saving this for you. Happy Christmas." She smiled as she handed me a small silver package. I looked at it questionably and slowly unwrapped it. Inside was a sleek, white iPod touch. I've seen them in stores when I was walking around my old town. I thought they were really cool, but I never would have been able to afford them. I stared at it with wide eyes. "Do you like it?" Emily asked cautiously. I looked up at her with a wide grin and hugged her really tight.

"Thank you so much!" I screamed. It was the best present I had received. Emily giggled. "The train is going to leave soon." I told her.

"You're right. I'll see you after holidays. Love you!" She hugged me one last time and then walked out the door. I decided to get ready for the day.

After I was done, I decided to go down to the common rooms. Hermione, Lauren, Ron and Harry were the only four down there.

"Oi! There you are! Neville and Fred told me to tell you goodbye." Ron mumbled.