Qudditch and More Black

Chapter 17: Quidditch and More Black

The next day, I woke up the hear shouting down in the common room. I rolled out of bed and stumbled down the stairs. "What's going on?" I mumbled to a furious Ron and Harry who were glaring at Hermione.

"None of your business. Get out of here!" Ron spat.

"Fine," I mumbled as I walked out of the room. I decided to go to the library. I pulled a random book from a shelf. It was a book about Metamorphaguses. It actually was quite interesting. I learned that they were people who could change their, hairstyle, its color, and their face. I thought that was pretty cool. I wished that I could be one, but that would mean that someone could make fun of me for it. I would be too different.

Once I had almost finished my book, I felt someone pull a chair up next to me. I looked up to see Hermione staring at me. "What are you reading?" she asked. I lifted up the cover so she could see it and I could continue reading. "That's nice," she mumbled. I didn't respond. "Look, Ron didn't mean to be so harsh this morning. He was just in a bad mood." I scoffed as she finished.

"If Ron is really sorry for what he did, he would have come and apologized himself. This is Ron's problem, not yours."

"Ron just has a hard time owning up to his mistakes."

"What I don't get is how they were yelling at you this morning, but you forgave them. They were mean to you, and they don't deserve to be forgiven." I told her.

"Well sometimes people need to be forgiven." She told me, not trusting her own words. I gave her a look and she stalked off. I grabbed another book on Metamorphaguses and left the library. I decided I should go and eat lunch.

As I was walking down a hall towards the Great Hall, I started to feel woozy. I tripped over my own two feet and fell to my knees. Suddenly, the memory I had forgotten came back to me. I screamed as I felt the pain of what had happened run through my body for the second time. I felt someone run up next to me and shake me. The next thing I knew, water was being splashed on me. I jumped out of the memory to see Lupin and Dumbledore staring at me frightfully. I shook as they helped me up to my feet. Dumbledore noticed that and waved his wand, instantly making me dry. He started walking, and Lupin and I began to follow him.

As soon as I sat down in a chair in his office, he took his wand and pulled out a silvery strand from my head. He put it in a big bowl and grabbed mine and Lupin's hand. We suddenly were in the Great Hall again. I frowned as I watched the memory replay again in my head. I saw Julie stun me and Scarlet produced a red light from her wand. As it pierced me, I heard myself scream and then become fully silent. Scarlet then walked to me and use the Obliviate curse. I heard Lupin gasp and saw Dumbledore frown at him. Next, we were pulled out of the memory and I was back in the comfy chair. Lupin grabbed my shoulder firmly, as if trying to comfort me. I looked up at him to see shame and worry in his eyes. Did I do something wrong? Am I going to get in trouble? I wondered.

"Do you understand what they did to you?" Dumbledore asked.

"Yeah," I nodded, "They hexed me and then ran away." Dumbledore looked at Lupin.

"They used a curse that is banned from being used or taught here at Hogwarts." Lupin told me in a monotonous voice.

"What curse was it?" I frowned, remembering the pain the curse gave me.

"It was the Cruciatus Curse. It is one of the three unforgivable curses," Lupin told me again, sadly.

"So, what will happen to them?" I asked, referring to Julie and Scarlett.

"If the ministry were to catch win of this, they would put them into Azkaban, but if you're okay with it, we could just suspend them until next year, but we would keep an eye on them." Dumbledore said softly. I nodded, because I didn't care what would happen, and it shouldn't really be my decision. "Okay," he nodded and looked at Lupin. "You may go now." I thanked him and walked out.